Flo Guy FIRED for Sexist Remarks

10 minutes ago, Fracker said:

I'm watching the video right now (its still on periscope, but scrubbed from their twitter feed).  Convo starts around 6:50.

There are 2 problems-- 1 the guy has some clearly sexist ideas about work ethic, and he did not back down at all during the course of that show.  2. Both commentators are winging it and not at all comfortable doing so.  This results in some very stupid comments.

Sheesh if you start saying something that you can’t explain there might be a reason it can’t be explained. Just stop before it gets deeper. And calling shenanigans... South Park fan...

oops referring to the quote in the post I quoted 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

1 minute ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Sheesh if you start saying something that you can’t explain there might be a reason it can’t be explained. Just stop before it gets deeper. And calling shenanigans... South Park fan...

Yep... You're gonna have a bad time.  He french fried when he shoulda pizza'd

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Eleran said:

He doesn't even seem like he's trying to pull his foot out of his mouth - it's almost like he's thinking in his head "You're a girl - you can't understand what I'm trying to say"

lol - exactly

she handled it well I thought - tough to do live on the air

I know with myself, there is always a voice in the back of my mind.... that say s don’t say it, don’t say it !! Then there is the voice of reason that says.... don’t listen to him ! Say it, it’s going to bring out some passion !! It’s hard to resist passion. As a person that has said the wrong thing at the wrong time, more times than I want to remember, I hope that he can take this event and somehow paint a better picture of himself in our eyes, and be better for it.

• Like 2

If he had just admitted to saying something ill-informed and stupid instead of doubling down on his comment I could see giving him a pass. Minutes ago someone said something equally cringe worthy on a different dcp thread. Basically turning a woman into an object rather than acknowledging her accomplishments. Wake up guys!

Edited by Brian Tuma
  • Like 1

Everyone involved with those studio shows needs to be fired for subjecting us to such an embarrassingly amateurish attempt at color commentary. 

Look, we know not everyone is comfortable being on camera, but there a lot of people who follow this stuff who are, and who could provide interesting and entertaining observations about the shows. It’s not like the hosts are being thrown into an extremely challenging, think on your feet situation - it’s just two folks discussing shows THEY HAVE JUST WATCHED. 

Even with that low bar, they managed to present more than one individual who admits to NOT SEEING THE SHOWS EVEN ONCE PRIOR TO THE BROADCAST. Come on, when working for the company with exclusive broadcast rights, you’re saying there there is no way to view a previous competition to prepare a few thoughts? Dear god, look on YouTube! You can find them all there.

Either offer something of quality, or don’t bother. These segments have been cringe-inducing all season.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Eleran said:

"Core"?

Fusion.

• Like 2

You can tell that right after the first stupid comment he knew that he  had dug himself into a hole.  Unfortunately his response to putting his sexist foot in his mouth was to stuff his other foot in there too.

Edited by bluesman
Tenae

2 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

One person is the main commentator who appears every streamed show with a new guest commentator (in this case, the person who was fired just now).

So it seems like Flo didn't fire an employee so much as decide not to engage an independent contractor again?