Flo Guy FIRED for Sexist Remarks

When I heard about this little controversy last night, the first thing that came to mind was this guy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Snyder_(sports_commentator)

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

If he had just admitted to saying something ill-informed and stupid instead of doubling down on his comment I could see giving him a pass. Minutes ago someone said something equally cringe worthy on a different dcp thread. Basically turning a woman into an object rather than acknowledging her accomplishments. Wake up guys!

saw that - remember at the time reading many other similar comments and couldn't believe it then, really really can't believe it now

some people will never get it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tedrick said:

I feel sorry for the guy; we are all one mis-statement away from the same thing.

That being said, the gist of what he said . . . was dumb. To believe that guys can work harder in a short time is illogical.

Given that he soon apologized, I don't think he'll be permanently blacklisted from drum corps. People have come back from far worse. It's not like he boasted about gr----never mind.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fracker said:

I'm watching the video right now (its still on periscope, but scrubbed from their twitter feed).  Convo starts around 6:50.

There are 2 problems-- 1 the guy has some clearly sexist ideas about work ethic, and he did not back down at all during the course of that show.  2. Both commentators are winging it and not at all comfortable doing so.  This results in some very stupid comments.

And if you're uncomfortable in saying it...then don't say it in the first place.  Seems simple to me...although I guess I'm a simpleton (shrug)….

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Given that he soon apologized, I don't think he'll be permanently blacklisted from drum corps. People have come back from far worse. It's not like he boasted about gr----never mind.

Thanks N.E. -

I should just mention - your avatar pic is against DCP policies for being political - 

My avatar pic was removed by our moderator Toby - I asked him:

will you be  removing N.E. Brigand's profile picture as well? How about E3D?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, tedrick said:

Thanks N.E. -

I should just mention - your avatar pic is against DCP policies for being political - 

My avatar pic was removed by our moderator Toby - I asked him:

Will you be  removing N.E. Brigand's profile picture as well? How about E3D?

That guy? Is he a political figure? I just like his craggy mien. But if the moderators feel that he must go, well, it's not my forum and they can do as they please.

Just now, Eleran said:

I thought he was the Marlboro man, sans hat and smoke

I'm just grateful for the opportunity to use "mien" in a sentence.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4