Flo Guy FIRED for Sexist Remarks

23 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

I'd be tempted to watch that just to see who made a fool of themselves from week to week.

Or what they look like OY!!!!

That's ridiculous.  His comments may not be politically correct but certainly NOT a fireable offense.  At worst it was a "don't do that."

People are not perfect with their language and from what I read the person had no ill intent and apologized immediately.  The man has a family to feed.

Sorry Flo Marching, for your low tolerance YOU'RE fired.  :39_angry:

Edited by wvu80
  • Thanks 5

1 minute ago, wvu80 said:

That's ridiculous.  His comments may not be politically correct but certainly NOT a fireable offense.  At worst it was a "don't do that."

People are not perfect with their language and from what I read the person had no ill intent and apologized immediately. 

Sorry Flo Marching, YOU'RE fired.  :39_angry:

Political figures get away with much worse. 

But they shouldn't. 

I applaud Flo for their swift action

• Like 2

If truly sorry and understand how stupid his words were then  apology on air and just one more chance imo. But flo handled it the way they did so that’s that. My job would be ye old training sessions...

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Extreme it may seem, but  it's going to take actions like this to stop these kinds of chauvinistic thoughts and/or comments. 

Edited by EricS
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

People are not perfect with their language and from what I read the person had no ill intent and apologized immediately.  The man has a family to feed.

He designs drill for a number of different groups. He's fine.

Personally, I don't think women are generally so fragile as to be bothered by some silly comment by some guy of little consequence in a lame conversation filler to a bad video stream.

If there was an all female corps and someone had innocently postulated about the potential advantage of, say, women being broader listeners who can better grasp the context and nuances of critical last minute instruction, I seriously doubt they would be out of a job today.

To me, the double standard present in the overreaction to this is sexist and insulting to women.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Personally, I don't think women are generally so fragile as to be bothered by some silly comment (snip!)

This is how a person shows respect for women.  Well said.  :91_thumbsup:

43 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

FWIW, if they were in Austin, then they're working in Texas, which is a "right to work" state. I can be let go from my job at any time with or without cause, and so can they.

• Thanks 1