Flo Guy FIRED for Sexist Remarks

21 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Are you comfortable with whoever is in charge at any given time having the authority to determine whether your own words are racist, sexist, etc.?  

People in charge of companies can fire employees for making sexist remarks, yes. That’s fine.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, jeffmolnar said:

ol, I knew you be in here spouting this type of nonsense. You’re not fooling anyone.

I am truly sorry, there is no secret agenda am just trying like others here to have a rational discussion. But I seem to be more of a target than others. I can take it have no intention of taking this as anything more than constructive criticism. Thank You

Edited by Bluzes

54 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

It's just not flo I think I pointed to a neglected zero tolerance issue where kids were actually harmed. I am saddened at what happened but wonder where this is all going. Zero Tolerance Prison Time, flogging in the public square, fines?

Do we have free speech. Or is it the right not to be offended. I will catch on either way but give me a clue. They are two different things and can't co-exist 

I did not realize that Flo had sent this guy to prison for these remarks. That is a shame, and I denounce such punishments.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I did not realize that Flo had sent this guy to prison for these remarks. That is a shame, and I denounce such punishments.

I like your new picture. Read the disclaimer. . Don't believe anything posted here.

2 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

I like your new picture.

Howard Hawks didn't care for High Noon. He said he didn't like the idea of a law enforcement professional begging amateurs for help. And so he made Rio Bravo in response (albeit about seven years later). Not sure I agree, but there you go.

2 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Howard Hawks didn't care for High Noon. He said he didn't like the idea of a law enforcement professional begging amateurs for help. And so he made Rio Bravo in response (albeit about seven years later). Not sure I agree, but there you go.

I am amazed at your posts. The one about God Bless The Child was enlightening . Meanings of stuff you assume are good weren't intended to be. I looked up session 44 and see it was a recording studio on 7th ave. I am wondering it there was actually a night club there or is that a poetic license by Bloo.  

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

Well it depends on what we're talking about. When you are employed by a company, then yes, I am comfortable with a company having a set of values and administering punishment when an employee strays from these values in a way that hurts the image of that company. 

Now if we are talking about the government, that's a different matter entirely. Morals and values are often shaped by public opinion rather than the government. The laws set by the government, while created with practicality and fairness in mind, are influenced by the aforementioned morals and values. Sometimes the government strays from this however, and so I can't really say with certainty that i'd be comfortable with that. 

I was more talking about the government a la your response what Bluzes was saying about free speech and prison time for zero tolerance and what not, if that is what you were responding to.  Was just curious how confident you are in leaving those definitions up to powerful governments who might conveniently attach political agendas.

Sorry, I should not have strayed from discussing the specific incident to discuss a broader point, as my doing so obviously confused everyone downstream.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeffmolnar said:

People in charge of companies can fire employees for making sexist remarks, yes. That’s fine.

For the record, my earlier post was about something different than this.  I apologize for the confusion it created.

I don't disagree with your statement, the way you put it.  

This all kind of begs the questions:

1.  Do people believe there are any advantages of being an all-male corps over being a coed corps?

2.  If so, is it sexist to believe that?

3.  If not, is there any reason for the Cavaliers to stay all-male?

No opinion is being expressed here.  I'm just curious to know people's thoughts.