Flo Guy FIRED for Sexist Remarks

5 hours ago, Bluzes said:

Yes I am. It's all propaganda and double speak. The man could have been let go under a non-disclosure agreement. The comments didn't need to be pasted all over the place. That part is nothing more than pushing more social hot buttons and is intended to do more harm than good. I think we're being played, some may think differently. FLO didn't need to apologize threating us like some dummies that can't tell what comes out of an individuals mouth is not their collective thought. Give me another example where the average person can't tell individual thought from collective thought. They hired him because he had knowledge they didn't it was just a job he didn't join the Borg.

So Flo saying they disagree with sexism is a hard thing in your opinion? The reason why companies say anything is because they fee l their employees represent them to the public.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, skevinp said:

This all kind of begs the questions:

1.  Do people believe there are any advantages of being an all-male corps over being a coed corps?

2.  If so, is it sexist to believe that?

3.  If not, is there any reason for the Cavaliers to stay all-male?

No opinion is being expressed here.  I'm just curious to know people's thoughts.

1.  There is no competitive advantage to bring an all-male corps.  

2.  It is not sexist to support the existence of an all-male corps nor is it sexist to support the existence of an all-female corps.  Back in the day the number of female corps far outnumbered the number of male corps and no one cared.  

3. The Cavaliers will remain all-male.  I marched with them and if I could go back and do it all over again I would still do the same thing.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ThirdValvesAreForWimps said:

2.  It is not sexist to support the existence of an all-male corps nor is it sexist to support the existence of an all-female corps.  Back in the day the number of female corps far outnumbered the number of male corps and no one cared.  

Hold on...IIRC it was quite the opposite in the pre-DCI era to the effective end of the all female corps with the Bandettes and Ventures, way more all-male than all-female, especially when counting in Senior/all-age corps. Personally, I have no issues with the Cavies or Scouts remaining all-male if that's their choice to do so. That's really not the problem here. More someone blundering badly on some pretty dumb and thin assumptions.

2 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

So Flo saying they disagree with sexism is a hard thing in your opinion? The reason why companies say anything is because they fee l their employees represent them to the public.

No it's all good

4 hours ago, skevinp said:

This all kind of begs the questions:

1.  Do people believe there are any advantages of being an all-male corps over being a coed corps?

2.  If so, is it sexist to believe that?

3.  If not, is there any reason for the Cavaliers to stay all-male?

No opinion is being expressed here.  I'm just curious to know people's thoughts.

1. no advantage - just a different vibe

2. no

3. yes - if they choose to and private organizations have freedom of association (which is becoming unclear if private organizations have that right any longer)

16 minutes ago, tedrick said:

1. no advantage - just a different vibe

2. no

3. yes - if they choose to and private organizations have freedom of association (which is becoming unclear if private organizations have that right any longer)

This topic has already played out with the Whiffs and Whim  If the discrepancy related to some institutional gender bias, rather than a reflection of the market’s preferences rules the day, then change. If it was possible maybe drum corps fans could choose what is best for the activity and that becomes more important than fulfilling other initiatives. 

What if the Cavies started a co-ed Sound Sport Team or place a co-ed guard in WGI or a Cavie Cadet corp. 

Rules have changed I hold the door open for the PERSON behind me, now I need to make sure it's not attractive women or I am accused of “Patriarchy!” Like we grew eyes in the back of our heads. Manners and respect are now unintended offensive and evil actions.

8 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

This topic has already played out with the Whiffs and Whim  If the discrepancy related to some institutional gender bias, rather than a reflection of the market’s preferences rules the day, then change. If it was possible maybe drum corps fans could choose what is best for the activity and that becomes more important than fulfilling other initiatives. 

What if the Cavies started a co-ed Sound Sport Team or place a co-ed guard in WGI or a Cavie Cadet corp. 

Rules have changed I hold the door open for the PERSON behind me, now I need to make sure it's not attractive women or I am accused of “Patriarchy!” Like we grew eyes in the back of our heads. Manners and respect are now unintended offensive and evil actions.

They already have. Chromium Winds, WGI winds group. 2 seasons under their belts. 2 Golds in Open Class.

https://cavaliers.org/cw-cast

Edited by mingusmonk

17 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Funny never had a problem.....

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

They already have. Chromium Winds, WGI winds group. 2 seasons under their belts. 2 Golds in Open Class.

Does it come close to meeting the concerns about the A Corps. I am confused about hearing the Military OKed women in combat. Everything has a time & place I guess. Back in the seventies when women were placed on a pedestal and were protected from such violence men would have risked their own lives and others. The focus of conflict would have been on them being safe. What changed? Had the attitude changed today to the survival of the genderless in the name of social justice? Being polite and opening a simple door is now evil