Flo Guy FIRED for Sexist Remarks

Scenario 1: Person 1 makes comment, Person 2 educates Person 1, Person 1 has a chance to recover.

Scenario 2: Person 1 makes comment, Person 2 doesn't follow along, DCP erupts, DCI explodes, FLO fires Person 1.

I am more disappointed in the most of the comments in thread than what this dude said.  If we applied the same logic prevalent is this discussion, about 2 pages of you would be fired, tossed out of church, banned from DCP and excommunicated from the marching arts.

When the goal is making the world a better place, the practice that works is education and contrition.  I don't think any of use really want zero tolerance followed by DefCon 1.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, jonnyboy said:

Scenario 1: Person 1 makes comment, Person 2 educates Person 1, Person 1 has a chance to recover.

Scenario 2: Person 1 makes comment, Person 2 doesn't follow along, DCP erupts, DCI explodes, FLO fires Person 1.

I am more disappointed in the most of the comments in thread than what this dude said.  If we applied the same logic prevalent is this discussion, about 2 pages of you would be fired, tossed out of church, banned from DCP and excommunicated from the marching arts.

When the goal is making the world a better place, the practice that works is education and contrition.  I don't think any of use really want zero tolerance followed by DefCon 1.

Then we also have stupid comments made in the past that can be held against us now. Even if the older and wiser person is embarrassed by said remarks. (raising hand)

5 hours ago, ShutUpAndPlayYerGuitar said:

The fact that this guy got $150 (the minimum I ask for whenever I do church gigs) per broadcast makes me think Flo should pay for better on-air talent.

aaaaaaaand that is why #floBlows

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Don't think I'm the one bent out of shape here. And big difference between deleting posts because of not liking or deleting because against rules of the site. And have had conversations with mods when some of mine got deleted.

well I have not had any issues here but it seems you have. :peek:

1 hour ago, jonnyboy said:

Illustration:

Commentator Guy: “Blah blah blah ooo give me the keys to that backhoe parked over yonder so I can did myself a taller hole” remarks. 

Lady Commentor: (pause): “You DO realize that, just to cite a very small example, the female SCV mellophone players could kick your sorry a$$ in every conceivable endurance metric you can imagine, right?”

Dude Commentator: “Egad! Good heavens, you’re right; where was my head?? My apologies; if I tried doing what all these incredible performers are doing today I’d need an ambulance just to get through warmup! Ha ha!” 

And then life would go on.

Edited by TRacer
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, E3D said:

well I have not had any issues here but it seems you have. :peek:

What gives that idea... should I get popcorn first? And last thing I said to  bluzes was have a safe trip

Edited by JimF-LowBari

10 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

What gives that idea... should I get popcorn first? And last thing I said to  bluzes was have a safe trip

You said. "when some of mine got deleted."  That was the point of my reply. 

AnyWho - the guy who was on flomarching did wrong, but what do we really expect for 150 a show. I would say it is to be expected that humans make mistakes YMMV 

not saying you one of the people flipping out here but there were some. I thought that reaction was a reflection on where we are now. Just that. 

:whistle:

37 minutes ago, TRacer said:

Illustration:

Commentator Guy: “Blah blah blah ooo give me the keys to that backhoe parked over yonder so I can did myself a taller hole” remarks. 

Lady Commentor: (pause): “You DO realize that, just to cite a very small example, the female SCV mellophone players could kick your sorry a$$ in every conceivable endurance metric you can imagine, right?”

Dude Commentator: “Egad! Good heavens, you’re right; where was my head?? My apologies; if I tried doing what all these incredible performers are doing today I’d need an ambulance just to get through warmup! Ha ha!” 

And then would go on.

yeah so many examples. 

Running a 2:28:55 at a marathon ----- 1st male at 22 years of age. and 10th overall. 1st Ladies Marathoner clocks in at 2:23:09. Just an example not that it actually happened in real life......:ohmy::lol:

16 minutes ago, E3D said:

You said. "when some of mine got deleted."  That was the point of my reply. 

AnyWho - the guy who was on flomarching did wrong, but what do we really expect for 150 a show. I would say it is to be expected that humans make mistakes YMMV 

not saying you one of the people flipping out here but there were some. I thought that reaction was a reflection on where we are now. Just that. 

:whistle:

Ok understand now. Mine have been deleted for going off topic. Last time it happened I didn't think it was so asked the mod. We agreed to disagree. Besides we met at DCA few years back so knew each other a bit.