Flo Guy FIRED for Sexist Remarks

40 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

the discussion part of the show turns me off no matter who is on. the conversation feels forced, with people clearly not professionals at that type of discussion. if they continue to use that this weekend, when it comes on, i'll turn the sound down and do something else.

I get the idea behind it, but they need better people to do it, and they need to have more engaging material, and maybe even highlights like an NFL halftime show.

it's in it's infancy - I think it will get better -- we have the technology - we just need to get more comfortable on air -- 

I wonder how flo finds their commentators? It's kind of a tricky issue with sponsorships and affinities, ect -- 

what we need is a youtube sensation who is passionate about drum corps and ready to step into doing flo commentary -  

7 hours ago, Sasha1 said:

I saw the broadcast.  My general opinions:

He said something stupid. She did a great job of calling him out in the moment.

I like the FLO commentators.  Yes, it’s a bit unpolished, but it will get better as time goes on. Keep up the good work FLO.

I am sorry the guy lost the gig.  Personally I would have liked it better if he had given an apology on air on the next show and everyone moved on. Even better if they turned the whole thing into something humorous.

Glad he apologized via other means, the word defiant twice in the letter does make me wonder about the apology. (Shout out Harry Schearers Apologies of the week.)

We all stay stupid stupid stupid stuff all the time. I am not a fan of all the internet shaming that goes on for dumb stuff people do.  I am only grateful that I have not been recorded and broadcast every time I have said something idiotic in anger, frustration or exhaustion, etc

I really appreciate that you formed your opinion based on what you actually saw, and not just what you heard someone else say about it.  I also appreciate that you did not presume to know the person's character based on this one thing alone.  You set a good example for people here.  :smile:

BTW I think "defiantly" was a typo for "definately" as that is what would make sense in the context of his sentences.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tedrick said:

Has flo reached out to our own @kevingamin to discuss bringing him on as a commentator?

No, they haven't.

If they did, however...possible career change? :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If anyone from dcp gets on Flo for color commentary I will personally put in $5 to get a “Kansas City Star” reference...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Then again I would love to see Steve Rondinaro go all Fred Willard like in Best in Show during the finals broadcast.

• Haha 1

This is all so disheartening. While I greatly appreciate those who have shown empathy on this matter toward a human being that most none of you know, the majority of posts mirror so much of what has happened in our country in the past few years, in part fueled by our president and other politicians who have lost or never had true empathy for all people. I am not trying to shame anyone, just my point of view. The fact that I love drum corps so much and constantly laud what it does for people's character to then read some of the terrible things being said here and on other social platforms about this situation is disappointing.  As others have stated, thank God no one has been there to record every time I misspoke, or was unclear, or said something in an under pressure situation that did not allow me to be clear enough that every listener thought what I said was informed, insightful, and accurate. 

Edited by tigger2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, tigger2 said:

This is all so disheartening. While I greatly appreciate those who have shown empathy on this matter toward a human being that most none of you know, the majority of posts mirror so much of what has happened in our country in the past few years, in part fueled by our president and other politicians who have lost or never had true empathy for all people. I am not trying to shame anyone

Oh yes you are.

A reminder to all - snide political remarks are against DCP guidelines.  And they tend to derail us from the topic at hand.

Now, what were we talking about?  

• Like 1