Iconic Drum Majors

It’s that time of year again – the final week of the season. This time of the year every summer, I am always thinking about the age outs that are ending their time in DCI.  They have all contributed to the activity in many different ways.

In terms of age outs, there always seems to be a few drum majors aging out every year that have been a part of the activity for a while and have gained a fair amount of recognition within the circuit.

Who you think are the iconic drum majors for 2018? What about in all of DCI history?

For this year, Gabe Gallegos of the Troopers really comes to mind. I believe he has been the drum major at the Troopers for a number of years, and received the Jim Jones leadership award last year.

• Like 3

David Glasgow. 

How about Will Pitts? After all he was murdered.

Edited by ThePlanets
  • Like 2

Ryan Turner

Kristi Spears

Marcia Hanson

john Hannigan 

• Like 1

I am partial to Rich Armstrong (Cadets 84-86). And a case could be made for Michael Klesch (83 Cadets).

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, mfrontz said:

I have no personal knowledge of her work with the corps, but Claire Albrecht has been an outstanding public face of The Cadets this year. I also don't know if she's aging out.

Yes she is.