Prelims - August 6, 2018

1 minute ago, rhilton said:

Anyone know why the dci score page shows 7th Regiment with a 0.0 in guard?

Scores haven't caught up yet. They accidentally hit the send button after Southwind's show when they had a 41. Nearly had apoplexy reading that.

This is not your father’s Div II and III!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ajlemm said:

Nope. Anybody who believes Drum Corps is on the wane isn't looking at Open Class. Most of these corps would be Pioneer. With a break or two, Jersey Surf could get beat by all the corps through Southwind. Oregon Crusaders and Seattle Cascades would lose to most of these, too.

Edited by cpg35223
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ajlemm said:

Indeed.  I was wondering what we were in for with all those great shows before intermission being "not the top group."  I mean, I know what we're getting with SCVC and BDB of course, but seeing Guardians in the secondary pod after their strong showing last year had me wondering.  This Spartans show has ALL the answers.  I would not be surprised to see this again on Friday.  

1 minute ago, cpg35223 said:

Nope. Anybody who believes Drum Corps is on the wane isn't looking at Open Class. Most of these corps would be Pioneer. Jersey Surf could get beat by all the corps through Southwind. Oregon Crusaders and Seattle Cascades would lose to most of these, too.

Yes exactly! I made the assumption in the past that most Open Class corps must be be weaker than the lowest scoring World Class corps but that’s not the case at all. Solid performances so far! 

Oh great re-creation of the wings from DaVinci's flying machine drawings for the guard member there.  They're using the backdrops really well.

Haven't been able to catch many open class corps shows this year.  I really wish Flo would pick some of those up.  It's my first read of many of them and they're just great.

• Like 1