Prelims - August 6, 2018

Crowd loves it.  Kids have a mix of "Did we just do that good to get them on their feet like that" and "We got more tomorrow" on their faces

Wow, Gold really came out of nowhere for me.  I've enjoyed watching them in the past, but this is clearly the best they have ever been by a large margin.  They were a couple of members shy of 150 with a full hornline (about 76-78).  They really put out a lot of volume and were pretty clean throughout.  Curious to see where this corps heads over the next few years, because that was a real attention grabber.

• Like 1

Way to go Gold! Such a huge improvement in sound from the last time I heard them (Stanford, I think?). And they've got some serious screamers in there.

Shout outs to the open class announcer. I love this guy's energy.

• Like 2

Finally switched over to my roku.....wow I'm so impressed wth all these corps! Great shows and great performances. 

• Like 1

2018 is the year of California for DCI. SCV could win it all, BD has yet another strong product, Mandarins look like they will make their first Finals ever, and we could be looking at an all-California Top 3 in Open Class.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Crowd loves it.  Kids have a mix of "Did we just do that good to get them on their feet like that" and "We got more tomorrow" on their faces

The crowd reaction seemed less enthusiastic for Gold than before the break. I missed Spartans, though, so I don't know how the crowd sounded for them.

2 minutes ago, quijeros said:

The crowd reaction seemed less enthusiastic for Gold than before the break. I missed Spartans, though, so I don't know how the crowd sounded for them.

I imagine there's a "fewer fans making the trip all the way from California" effect there.