Prelims - August 6, 2018

1 minute ago, Tim K said:

You think Genesis will be out before Cascades? I know with poor weather conditions, the Cascades show I saw on Friday may not be the best example to use, but Genesis has a stronger show than Cascades.  

As in they will be the highest-scoring World Class corps not to make the Semifinals cut.

1 minute ago, Tim K said:

You think Genesis will be out before Cascades? I know with poor weather conditions, the Cascades show I saw on Friday may not be the best example to use, but Genesis has a stronger show than Cascades.  

I read that as "the highest placing non Semifinalist World Class Corps."  I.e. "top out."    Not "first world class to bow out" which is probably Pioneer.  

11 minutes ago, flammaster said:

Gold was real good. I thought Legends sounded more mature than all the rest. SCVC has a real exciting show packed with GE. lost me with the drum machine garbage. BDB is throwing down serious percussion. No one even close.

I agree about Legends. I also enjoyed their show the most out of the open class.

Wow!! Go (Tell the) Spartans color guard!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, quijeros said:

Shout outs to the open class announcer. I love this guy's energy.

Presumably it's Brad Bell. He usually does O.C. championships. He was also at Centerville last week.

3 hours ago, quijeros said:

Hearing Spider-Man on the field reminded me of the Kiwanis Kavaliers. Still breaks my heart what happened to them.

Coincidentally, I heard "Spider-man" while waiting in line at Massillon, because it's part of the show by a local Sound Sport group, the Rogues Hollow Regiment, who were performing outside the stadium.

44 minutes ago, TRacer said:

Wow!! Go (Tell the) Spartans color guard!

MV5BNTFmMTM0ODMtYzVlMS00YWViLThiYjEtMWRj

That film has a much better reputation than that poster might suggest; it's generally considered to be among the best movies about the Vietnam War.

Edited by N.E. Brigand

Looking at the current radar, I'm very impressed they pulled off Prelims. There's a long continuous arc of thunderstorms from Cleveland to Indianapolis.

2 hours ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

And that is what wins championships.

Yep the most subjective  area in the judging what a shame