And appearing at DCI championships...

I'm so excited for them!  

59 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

I think it would be great to have them perform during the break that's part of the Big, Loud, and Live theater broadcast.

The Break is Intermission at LOS.

50 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

The group is performing during one of the other intermissions - why couldn't it be this one instead?

I thought they were being "scheduled" as an "exhibition" corps not during an intermission.

So far I can't find anything "official" about when they're playing.

Their Facebook page mentions them performing at SoundSport and DrumlineBattle too.

DCI website also has them performing as an encore on Friday too. Thursday may be an opportunity for the corps to get used to LOS. 

I unexpectedly had the opportunity to fly out to Indy on the same plane as 1/3 of the Free Players. What a flight!!! The kids were classy, well organized and chaperoned, upbeat, honored for the opportunity, and quite mature and well behaved. When the flight went aloft, the American Airlines pilots and staff gave the corps a big shout out over the PA with an appropriate response from the corps members and other passengers. The stewardess was amazing by the way she respected yet met the needs of the corps members in her attitude, kind words, and ways she made them feel like celebrities. Upon touchdown, the corps members broke out into a great DCI chant as well as thank yous for the pilots and staff.  The other 2/3 of the group flew on two separate flights, not without weather issues plaguing the East this summer. But the excellent corps staff handled all with aplumb and positive vibes. The corps is psyched to show DCI crowd what they are. Go Free Players.

• Like 2

Had the opportunity to see the Free Players perform in exhibition to conclude the Performers Showcase ensemble room this afternoon and previously saw them in Allentown in 2017. You won't find performers more excited to give it 100%. They clearly LOVE what they are doing as do all the staff members. The excitement is contagious. 

• Like 2