What is Innovative about Babylon?

44 minutes ago, PCEP00 said:

The most innovative part is when they pick up their horns, and then peel your face off for 10 minutes. That’s a really cool moment.

https://binged.it/2OSNilu

8 hours ago, Cappybara said:

,This isn't really about whether the judges are getting it right. I think the judges get it right every year (there may be one or two years I disagree with but I digress). 

This is about the way we discuss and describe SCV's show 

Wow tough crowd to please, it's like going to the dentist and getting a tooth pulled just because they play dci in the background.  I like SCV show because it grabs my attention from beginning to end. Their execution is highlighted by a difficult jazz book that allows it to stand out above the other corps. The attire and show displays a visual simplicity that adds to the effect and does not become the center of attention. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Wow tough crowd to please, it's like going to the dentist and getting a tooth pulled just because they play dci in the background.  I like SCV show because it grabs my attention from beginning to end. Their execution is highlighted by a difficult jazz book that allows it to stand out above the other corps. The attire and show displays a visual simplicity that adds to the effect and does not become the center of attention. 

I think you misunderstand me. On the surface I enjoy SCV almost as much as everyone else here. Im not really talking about the enjoyment of the show either, and the level of "innovation" in SCV's show is separate from the level of enjoyment it creates in me and probably most other people as well. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, skevinp said:

You may have just given Cappybara an idea for a future business model.

Woah you're right. Once I get a patient base I'll partner up with Flo and broadcast the livestreams in return for a little passive income. Win win? :laughing:

55 minutes ago, skevinp said:

You may have just given Cappybara an idea for a future business model.

Sweet, was getting a MRI and the instructions said I could bring a CD to play, wipped up some dci and thought this may not be that bad. Not so with all the clinning and claanning you couldn't even hear you own thoughts. 

It would be good for Cappybara to have dci in your face. A nice curved big screen with 3D dci comming at you and he would be fitting me for false teeth in no time.

Edited by Bluzes
typo
  • Like 1

On 8/7/2018 at 6:16 AM, Cappybara said:

What I gathered from this is that the thing that puts Babylon in the category of "ahead of its time" is the talent level and execution of the performers?

To some degree, perhaps  the larger percentage (51% versus 49%, 54-46?, who knows), but it is the designers' efforts that have provided a vehicle  that can be performed at the level the members demonstrate and it is this particular vehicle that in part allows the performers to produce the "IT" factor. As stated in my first post, I am not sure the word "innovative" is a most accurate descriptor, but if you want to assign the descriptor  of "ahead of its time", then if the things they are doing that have reached a new level for the activity- then sure, "ahead of its time", or at least ahead of all others. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Woah you're right. Once I get a patient base I'll partner up with Flo and broadcast the livestreams in return for a little passive income. Win win? :laughing:

I hope your patients like Geico commercials...:whistle:

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, year1buick said:

I’m stuck with 80’s music. 

I just realized that there was some great music played in the 70' & 80' hanging out in used record stores. Only listened to drum corps and whoever was opening for the Greatful Dead thought that's all there was?. This was a good bubble to bust.