7:59 p.m. – Intermission (17 min.)

8:16 p.m. – 7th Regiment - New London, CT
8:33 p.m. – Spartans - Nashua, NH
8:50 p.m. – Legends - Kalamazoo, MI
9:07 p.m. – Gold - Oceanside, CA
9:24 p.m. – Blue Devils B - Concord, CA
9:41 p.m. – Vanguard Cadets - Santa Clara, CA

9:58 p.m. – Awards Ceremony

It's always great to see all these groups together after a year. Some big matchup potential tonight as well.

My random speculation: The bronze medal definitely in contention with less than a tenth separating Gold and Legends. Gold really brought it last night, but Legends is probably going to pull out all the stops tonight. I believe the top two will remain where they are, after seeing them last night I don't think BDB will overtake VC. Spartans is pretty tightly ensconced on a tier all by themselves. The top 5 are essentially World Class Corps that are keeping themselves to an Open Class tour schedule in my opinion. Sixth place through tenth place is very tight and there could be changes in that placement tonight. 7th Regiment pushed to the top of the group last night, I think they are being seen in a different light this year. They are all pretty evenly matched and are excellent, all it takes is one to have a mediocre run and another to have a great run. Welcome Shadow and Golden Empire to their first finals! Year after year this Open Class keeps getting better and pushing more into World Class territory.

• Like 3

I have to add I was really impressed with Gold last night. I had heard a lot of good things about them, but it's hard to tell what's hype until everybody gets together. To jump from a 7th place finish last year to where they are is a huge leap.

• Like 3

Caption award predictions:

Guard - Spartans or BDB (could go either way)

VP - BDB

Brass - SCVC

Percussion - SCVC

GE - SCVC

• Like 2

One more added comment:  7th Regiment...mesmerizing show with light, beautiful color, lush sound and motion all put together in an well designed package perfectly matched to their ability. The MMs are working their tail off to wring every bit out of it, and have been steadily progressing to a peak which I (a random Joe with no particular bias) predict tonight.

• Like 2

40% chance of storms per NWS.

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, kkrepps said:

Welcome Shadow and Golden Empire to their first finals!

Shadow was 13th two years running, so it must be nice for them to finally make the cut. They and RCR have strong percussion lines.

Sorry for Raiders, missing Finals for the first time in quite a while. Cool idea for a show to use Beowulf, but the design is poor.

Let's go Southwind!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Caption award predictions:

Guard - Spartans or BDB (could go either way)

VP - BDB

Brass - SCVC

Percussion - SCVC

GE - SCVC

What about the Most Improved Open Class Corps award?  That's got to go to Gold, right?