Finals - August 7, 2018

1 minute ago, Dpsouthern81 said:

Drum major dressed in white on black podium drum major dressed in black on white podium. 

Oh that's a nice touch.  I didn't notice that last night.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

You know. This does make me wonder how a Kiss of the Spider Woman show based off the Kander and Ebb musical would go.  There's some real showstoppers in that musical.  I imagine getting the rights might are complicated though.

I always thought that would make good source music too. Not sure why it would be difficult. Seems like it would be the same license-holder as Cabaret and Chicago. All of Aurora's songs would be a lot of fun--probably a good drum solo or feature in there. 

Go get em Gold! Go Cali!

2 minutes ago, brassboy said:

I always thought that would make good source music too. Not sure why it would be difficult. Seems like it would be the same license-holder as Cabaret and Chicago. All of Aurora's songs would be a lot of fun--probably a good drum solo or feature in there. 

That final movie sequence could be amazing.  And Over the Wall with actual pictures of the disappeared (as done in the theater production) would be chillingly moving.  I saw this on B-way with Chita Rivera rocking that role.  They could do a web prop wall and have a character and everything.  

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Like 2

I love that forward / backward marching to show the black and white sides of the uniforms there.  They use these two toned uniforms so well.

• Like 4

I wish the corps did more side movements to emphasize the black and white.

1 minute ago, Mikah said:

I wish the corps did more side movements to emphasize the black and white.

I suspect there are more if our view was centered from the 50.  We'll see Thursday from Indy.

Just now, brassboy said:

Gold so far is giving up too much musically to maintain their slim lead over Legends. Intonation and timing issues in the brass make them juuuuuuuust a little less polished than Legends.

Legends came out ready to take it back.  I think they'll get it too.  

• Like 1