Finals - August 7, 2018

3 hours ago, kkrepps said:

Posted on FB by a 7th Regiment parent:

Rain delay in Michigan City. Boooo rain!  There was a Shadow over the Golden Empire here. I was hoping for a Southwind to blow the rain away, but it turned into a storm. The Guardians lead everyone out of the stadium and into the newly formed River City while wishing the sky showed Louisiana Stars instead of rainclouds.  

Can’t wait to see and hear Seventh Regiment light up this Spartan old stadium and become Legends. While they may not take home the Gold, the Devil’s in the details and our corps will show open class what it’s like to see things in a different light.

Sorry, it’s raining here at Open Class Finals and I’m bored in my car. I have to go, though. Someone from California left their vehicle unattended and I’m going to go make certain nothing happens to it by acting as a Santa Clara Van Guard. :tounge2:

Hey - that was me!  I’m a dork!  What’s terrible is that I have other parents on DCP who sent me this assuming it was me!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I do like how colors start coming out on the uniforms here.

• Like 1

It would freak me out to wear a black shoe and a white shoe at the same time.

• Haha 3

Question.  Was the black fringe part of the uniform from the start or is that a roll down sleeve?  I forgot to look at the start.   The gradual evolution of these uniforms and the guard is fun to watch.  

Just now, C/A Mel said:

It would freak me out to wear a black shoe and a white shoe at the same time.

It's not for the OCD. 

Man, Gold has come a LOOOONG way in the last few years.

But I have a beef for corps like this... don't play all original stuff. To me, it's important for smaller groups to build fans through recognizable and attainable shows.

That said, it was well-designed original stuff.

I didn’t Stutter. That’s right, I said I wanted to order 150 black right shoes and 150 white left shoes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5