If ••/•/••• = BAC, does ••/•/•••• = BAD?

I've known about the Conquest thing since 03, but I only learned about it being written as ••/•/••• this season, and only just now realized the B A C hidden inside it as of this thread!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ouooga said:

I've known about the Conquest thing since 03, but I only learned about it being written as ••/•/••• this season, and only just now realized the B A C hidden inside it as of this thread!

???  Can you provide more info? I *think* I know what you're seeing -- slashes as dashes?

Are we trying to imply that this is more than just a reference to Morse Code? Because this definitely doesn’t spell BAC. Actually it’s IES... (or IEH if it’s four dots)image_1.png

Edited by Who's on first?
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Not morse, but if you consider the dots as the numerical placement of letters within the alphabet:

A = •

B = ••

C = •••

D = ••••

etc.

ergo ••|•|••• = B|A|C

Of course, using that code would take a while to spell "eXamine Your Zipper"

Edited by Eleran
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

Wow! Some of you guys are WAY over thinking this. The dots and loud notes are the quarter notes from the Conquest "hits"....the source material for this long-played Boston music is Captain from Castile,  a 1947 movie from starring Tyrone Power. The corps has played various versions and snippets of this since the 1960s. It is not Morse code. In fact, many of the BAC members (past and present) have tattoos of these notes.  As for the extra "note" at the end, it is there in the original Alfred Newman soundtrack as the first note of the next musical phrase. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, craiga said:

Wow! Some of you guys are WAY over thinking this. The dots and loud notes are the quarter notes from the Conquest "hits"....the source material for this long-played Boston music is Captain from Castile,  a 1947 movie from starring Tyrone Power. The corps has played various versions and snippets of this since the 1960s. It is not Morse code. In fact, many of the BAC members (past and present) have tattoos of these notes.  As for the extra "note" at the end, it is there in the original Alfred Newman soundtrack as the first note of the next musical phrase. 

CRAIGA Just dropped the mic on this thread!

• Haha 1

Really?  Mic drop?  I personally thought he rather missed the plot entirely, since it was obvious since the first post that everyone knew it was about the Conquest hits. 

ouooga and the posts afterwards were simply considering whether there was a second meaning within the visual code.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1