If ••/•/••• = BAC, does ••/•/•••• = BAD?

21 minutes ago, craiga said:

Wow! Some of you guys are WAY over thinking this. The dots and loud notes are the quarter notes from the Conquest "hits"....the source material for this long-played Boston music is Captain from Castile,  a 1947 movie from starring Tyrone Power. The corps has played various versions and snippets of this since the 1960s. It is not Morse code. In fact, many of the BAC members (past and present) have tattoos of these notes.  As for the extra "note" at the end, it is there in the original Alfred Newman soundtrack as the first note of the next musical phrase. 

••|•|••• ♥ Ro-ah ~

• Like 1

There is a third meaning...

••|•|••• refers to the illuminati. It highlights three classes:

Class I – The nursery, consisting of the Noviciate, the Minerval, and Illuminatus minor.

•• Class II – The Masonic grades. The three "blue lodge" grades of Apprentice, Companion, and Master were separated from the higher "Scottish" grades of Scottish Novice and Scottish Knight.

••• Class III – The Mysteries. The lesser mysteries were the grades of Priest and Prince, followed by the greater mysteries in the grades of Mage and King.

Edited by kkrepps
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, DrumCorpsNutt said:

It drives me crazy that BAC finishes the Conquest hit with an extra downbeat.  It seems unnecessary.  Why do they do it?  UGH!!!  

bless your heart.

• Like 1

Or, it is a visual representation of Area 51 in the ancient Aramaic language passed down to the Knights Templar.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's not the first time they've had that last bop and it probably won't be the last. It's just the next down beat to give a sense of closure I imagine since ending a movement on an up-beat feels weird. And the drill directly differentiates the last bop for you too since it's the fire.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Narrow said:

It's not the first time they've had that last bop and it probably won't be the last. 

I'm actually in the process of listening to every BAC show I have access to right now to confirm.  I'll report my findings when I'm finished.  Regardless, in a year in which they are actually hyping ••|•|••• in social media and such....you'd think they'd play what is represented.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, DrumCorpsNutt said:

I'm actually in the process of listening to every BAC show I have access to right now to confirm.  I'll report my findings when I'm finished.  

You can do this right if you put your best effort forward, DrumCorpsNutt. Take your time. Don't rush it.

Related image

• Haha 2