If ••/•/••• = BAC, does ••/•/•••• = BAD?

52 minutes ago, kkrepps said:

There is a third meaning...

••|•|••• refers to the illuminati. It highlights three classes:

Class I – The nursery, consisting of the Noviciate, the Minerval, and Illuminatus minor.

•• Class II – The Masonic grades. The three "blue lodge" grades of Apprentice, Companion, and Master were separated from the higher "Scottish" grades of Scottish Novice and Scottish Knight.

••• Class III – The Mysteries. The lesser mysteries were the grades of Priest and Prince, followed by the greater mysteries in the grades of Mage and King.

Its a shame that " The World's Foremost Authority ", the esteemed  Professor Irwin Corey, is no longer with us to confirm your analysis, as I believe you have it absolutely correct here. However, to be certain, we might want to ask Larry what he thinks, imo

Image result for professor. irwin corey... gifs

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Eleran said:

ergo ••|•|••• = B|A|C

When my care package arrived from the corps a couple of months back, my wife asked me what the dots were on the key chain.  Without any real knowledge of their meaning, I said "BAC'.  She rolled her eyes and went back to her sewing table.  Hopefully she'll still be working on another quilt Fri. & Sat. night so I can use the big TV.

2 hours ago, craiga said:

the source material for this long-played Boston music is Captain from Castile,  a 1947 movie

"1947" eh?  If you treat that as an anagram, you get 7491, '74 and '91 being two times when Boston played parts of Conquest in their show.  Eerie. 

Now, if you really do your research and look deeper, you'll find that sometime in their history Boston has at one time or another finished 7th and 9th, with 4th being within reach this year.  Could they be saying musically they want 4th this year, and then 1st next year? 

I think so, at least that's the first thing I thought when I heard their show last night and heard those notes.

Think about it.  :35_thinking:

Edited by wvu80

49 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

"1947" eh?  If you treat that as an anagram, you get 7491, '74 and '91 being two times when Boston played parts of Conquest in their show.  Eerie. 

Now, if you really do your research and look deeper, you'll find that sometime in their history Boston has at one time or another finished 7th and 9th, with 4th being within reach this year.  Could they be saying musically they want 4th this year, and then 1st next year? 

I think so, at least that's the first thing I thought when I heard their show last night and heard those notes.

Think about it.  :35_thinking:

Put the drink down wvu!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, craiga said:

Wow! Some of you guys are WAY over thinking this. The dots and loud notes are the quarter notes from the Conquest "hits"....the source material for this long-played Boston music is Captain from Castile,  a 1947 movie from starring Tyrone Power. The corps has played various versions and snippets of this since the 1960s. It is not Morse code. In fact, many of the BAC members (past and present) have tattoos of these notes.  As for the extra "note" at the end, it is there in the original Alfred Newman soundtrack as the first note of the next musical phrase. 

and makes one hell of a release!

• Like 1

I heard if you play the hits backwards at half speed, the voice of Satan will compel you to murder your parents.

2 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

I heard if you play the hits backwards at half speed, the voice of Satan will compel you to murder your parents.

Satan's too late.. God has them in his eternal Loving Grace.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Not related to this topic, but how does one obtain a negative community reputation on this site?

50 minutes ago, MusicalFrog said:

Not related to this topic, but how does one obtain a negative community reputation on this site?

There was a time when people could up-vote or down-vote rather than the current "like", "haha", etc. reactions.  So they would have gotten more down-votes than up-votes. 

• Like 1