It factor or just GE galore: Santa Clara Vanguard, Blue Devils, Bluecoats and Crown, which show (show design, execution, engagement, complexity) is most innovative for the 2018?

Out of the current top four drum corps (Santa Clara Vanguard, Blue Devils, Bluecoats and Crown, which show (show design, execution, engagement, complexity) is most innovative for the 2018 season?

Bluecoats have everything I look for in a show this year.  They get my vote. They should win (maybe if they get their drum scores up) 

• Like 7

Just now, Cappybara said:

Out of all of them in terms of innovation specifically, it's the Bluecoats and I don't think it's close.

Honestly, I just want to sit in one of those giant chairs. 

• Like 3

SCV. Absolutely. They have refined and sophisticated the usaged of props. They are not just an addition to the show, they are fully integrated into the show and a complete part of the production - utlized from beginning to end complementing the music as well. The uniform design takes what Bluecoats did in 2016 even further, giving them an even more modern look, and the urban-ness fits with the vibe. The contrast with the corps proper and the guard is top notch. The small guard ensembles throughout are innovative, effective, interesting and exposed. The body movements throughout are again fully integrated into the show and fit the theme perfectly. The compact nature of the drill is unique and highly effective. The entire corps is fully committed to the program, and every single performer seems to be performing with such passion and drive. Really thrilling to watch.

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3