It factor or just GE galore: Santa Clara Vanguard, Blue Devils, Bluecoats and Crown, which show (show design, execution, engagement, complexity) is most innovative for the 2018?

Just now, kdaddy said:

No corps has put a dragon on the field, right?

In HS I was a big band nerd (obviously) and designed a show all about the moon--the closer was "Dragon Eclipse" about how people believed that an eclipse was a dragon swallowing the moon. Then Crown stole my ideas jk

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Out of all of them in terms of innovation specifically, it's the Bluecoats and I don't think it's close.

Definitely not seeing this. Even the musical focal point (God Bless the Child) has been done by every corps except Phantom Regiment and Pioneer.

However, wonderful show that I love.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Box5Opinion said:

Out of the current top four drum corps (Santa Clara Vanguard, Blue Devils, Bluecoats and Crown, which show (show design, execution, engagement, complexity) is most innovative for the 2018 season?

I don't understand the laser-like focus everyone seems to put on the idea of "innovative". It can be super well designed and performed without having to have re-envisioned what drum corps is. I agree with other posters about the way Vanguard uses and integrates the nesting stages as being innovative, but in reality the reason it is an effective show is thrilling music, a creative overall design package that integrates the visual with the music perfectly, tons of demand performed really cleanly, and a hell of a lot of confidence and swagger.

Edited by Super Don-O
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Excellence. That has always been SCV's innovation. And this season they're more excellenter than ever. So there. 

P.S. I like how we now have three threads going on the same topic. 

Edited by HockeyDad