best corps names

Apparently nothing good happens when I watch open class finals and visit DCXMuseum... 

I found what might be my favorite corps name: Flying Dutchmen. (and according to DCX, they didn't play Wagner!)

Flying Dutchmen
Audubon Bon Bons
Chessmen
Annunciators
Jay Jays
Cadets of Greece 
Earls of Buck

These are incredible. Others?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lanceengland said:

Phantom Regiment. Everyone else is competing for second place, IMO. Though I also like 27th Lancers for obvious reasons :smile:

Yeah very few if any names come close to Phantom Regiment for me

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, lanceengland said:

Phantom Regiment. Everyone else is competing for second place, IMO. Though I also like 27th Lancers for obvious reasons :smile:

And to think that the name originally under consideration was the Rockford Rangers, a tribute to the proliferation of dutch elm trees throughout the city. Certain members, including Jim Wren, did not like that name. They had listened to a recording of the Syracuse Brigadiers playing a Leroy Anderson song "The Phantom Regiment" and convinced our corps director, Mr. Alex Haddad, to consider it as their corps name; he did and the Phantom Regiment and the Phantomettes were so christened.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

The Iron Brigade. Doesn’t that just sound bad a$$?

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 2

I agree, Phantom Regiment is the overall winner. I have always loved the alliterative poetry of the Santa Clara Vanguard. And I have a soft spot for the Seneca Optimists in their sunshine-yellow uniforms.

My all-time favorite is The Muchachos. To my early adolescent self, the name (and their 1974 show) sounded indescribably cool. But my wife, a native Spanish-speaker, always laughs when she hears this, as to her ears, it just sounds like "the guys." 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Some names are just fun

Velvet Knights

Dutch Boy

Sky Ryders

Magic of Orlando

Vagabonds

Seneca Optimists

Bridgemen

Kilties

Kiwanis Kavaliers