best corps names

Okay some from back in the day

Belles of St. Mary somewhere in NJ

The Vips Washington DC

LA Dragons  Of course  LA

Niesi Ambassadors Chicago

15 hours ago, BigW said:

Yes, around 1980, they were just "Boston".

They became "Boston" after the 1982 season concluded, and remained "Boston" through 1983 and 1984 I believe.  Not exactly sure when they officially we're able to re-use The Boston Crusaders name.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Long time fans here will remember the Watkins Glen ( NY ) Squires. DCI Broadcaster Steve " Rondo " Rondinaro marched with them in his youth. They were a pretty good Corps around the late 70's or so time period. Almost made DCI Top 12 one season if memory serves.

I saw them in 1981 I think and thought they were fantastic. So many corps that I miss. Alliance is another, after reading your notes on them, that I remember seeing at least twice. Avante Guard, not sure if my spelling is correct, was a nice group.  All the great Canadian corps from back in the day, too. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, wvu80 said:

I've always liked Boston Crusaders, but never Boston Area Crusaders.  Wierd.

I am with you on Garfield.  The Cadets is a cool name but Garfield was the legend and the name I learned to love when I first discovered drum corps.

I made the change to only calling them "The Cadets" our of respect for the corps but I never liked it.  :27_sunglasses:

Agree. I still do not like it (The Cadets).  I hated it when GH shifted to that name. Garfield Cadets is what many of us remember them by, but I imagine there are some who prefer Holy Name Cadets.  Would love to see them revisit their name.  The Cadets makes me think of West Point Cadets or military Cadets in general. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BigW said:

I'll toss out the Sweethearts from Lewistown, PA.

Reminded me of Vacation Sweethearts of Port Clinton OH. Never saw the corps but rode thru the area going to Lake Erie

On 8/7/2018 at 10:31 PM, lanceengland said:

Phantom Regiment. Everyone else is competing for second place, IMO. Though I also like 27th Lancers for obvious reasons :smile:

not even close to the Couchmen.