best corps names

49 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Please correct your spelling of Long Island. Jerry Seinfeld (Massapequa/Matza-pizza native) already gives us a bad rep.

Done but still incorrect above. Jerry & not Billy Joel (Oyster Bay) how can one mess up being married to Cristie is beyond me?

Edited by Bluzes
typo

2 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Done but still incorrect above. Jerry & not Billy Joel (Oyster Bay) how can one mess up being married to Cristie is beyond me?

What happened to The Sounds of Suffolk Association?

P.S. Billy Joel has been as much in Sag Harbor with his "boat" as he is in Oyster Bay. But she lives there and boat is now sold. Now he is living more at Madison Square Garden. Cue Cavaliers 2007 show.

6 minutes ago, xandandl said:

P.S. Billy Joel has been as much in Sag Harbor with his "boat" as he is in Oyster Bay. But she lives there and boat is now sold. Now he is living more at Madison Square Garden. Cue Cavaliers 2007 show.

Right next store to Billy is where Chuck Dolan, Jimmy Dolan's dad lived, who founded HBO and sold it to start Cablevision/Optimum. I was on the engineering staff and went to parties in Oyster Bay. However, whenever Christie was in the yard we took notice. Small World.

Edited by Bluzes
typo

17 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Right next store to Billy is where Chuck Dolan, Jimmy Dolan's dad lived, who founded HBO and sold it to start Cablevision/Optimum. I was on the engineering staff and went to parties in Oyster Bay. However, whenever Christie was in the yard we took notice. Small World.

yes, I know Mr. Dolan. You don't miss the anniversary party on the 4th of July at his harborside estate in Oyster Bay Cove. Not bad for a kid from Parma, Ohio once home of the Caballeros. Perhaps you also know the Bill Quinns of Cablevision. She was guard capt. for Medford Grenadiers in her day; Paul Litteau, famous DCI judge and HoFer, is godfather to the"kids." 

Hopkins was always mad that I knew people like that and never hit their wallets for the corps but instead kept Catholic schools and food banks open through their generosity. 128 kids vs 1000.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, xandandl said:

yes, I know Mr. Dolan. You don't miss the anniversary party on the 4th of July at his harborside estate in Oyster Bay Cove. Not bad for a kid from Parma, Ohio once home of the Caballeros. Perhaps you also know the Bill Quinns of Cablevision. She was guard capt. for Medford Grenadiers in her day; Paul Litteau, famous DCI judge and HoFer, is godfather to the"kids." 

Wow Bill Quinn CTO was my boss would send me out on secret missions evaluating Cable Systems they wanted to purchase all over the place, ran systems in NJ,, CT, Boston, Chicago & NYC for Bill and his successor Wilt Hillenbrand.  Also was friends with Jimmy Dolan who is more my age. He was a huge Grateful Dead fan as was I. How nice is it for your dad to own Madison Sq Garden & Radio City Music Hall. I just never learned how to kiss-up Jimmy would get mad that I left his Grateful Dead skybox party to be on the floor for the 2an set, something about being on the fifty even for the dead. Nice memories out on Long Island Sound on Chuck's yacht, The Bravo named after his cable channel. They are great people and the Dolans really knew how to reward their trusted employees. Now I am hearing itis not that way anymore.

16 minutes ago, Ghost said:

If you keep it up, I'll ask BRASSO if he and I could start dropping names from our past.

So not to take up terabits of space ask him to just name folks that are still alive, BRASSO knows all, I pale in comparison.

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

Hopkins was always mad that I knew people like that and never hit their wallets for the corps but instead kept Catholic schools and food banks open through their generosity. 128 kids vs 1000.

Did not want to let that go unnoticed, god bless you!

Many of us may remember  the Lt. Norman Prince "Princemen" in some capacity was behind just about all the great New England junior corps of the 1950's-1970's. Prince was a war hero of WWI and was featured on a bubblegum card in 1933. The Prince VFW Post was named after him and sponsored the corps. Here goes with some great New England Corps:  

Majestic Knights - Charleston MA

Pembroke Imperials

Immaculate Conception Marlboro MA

Sacred Heart Middleboro MA

St Joseph Telstar's Woonsocket RI

Holy Family Rockland

St Kevin's Emerald Chips 

St Kevin's Emerald Gems

St Kevin's Emerald Knights

Father Crowley and the Annunciators not sure if they became the SAINT MARY'S ANNUNCIATORS DRUM & BUGLE CORPS OF CAMBRIDGE, MA

Everett MA double - St Therese and St Anthony.

Gate of Heaven Cadets - South Boston

St Mary's All Girls of Brookline

Hyde Park Crusaders of Hyde Park, MA

Boston Crusaders

Gatesmen of South Boston

Amvet Brigadiers

IC Reveries - 27th lancers 

Edited by Bluzes
typo