best corps names

The Rich History of New England Drum Corps continued from the Norman Prince Post above. Reading Posts by Tim K & Brasso about their recollection of what went on back then. There was no other DC region that can match New England's commitment to the youth and the drum corps activity. When The Boston Crusaders take the crown in the years to come the entire region will have all the reasons in the world to rejoice and celebrate. Yes, we have a crystal ball and it has the Crusaders written all over it.

Royal Cadets - Gardner Mass                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Enfield Sabers                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Paramites - Worcester (don't ask me to pronounce it) Mass                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Golden Raiders  - New Bedford Mass

The Scarlet Knights - West Haven CT

Troubadors - Trumbull CT

Killmen - Wynantskill NY - traveled to New England for competition

list is so incomplete some there were so many more.                      

Canadian Drum Corps - My favorite drum corps names. A good trivia question - how many Canadian corps names started with LES - too many to list here.                                     Corps from Quebec had the most colorful uniforms that even today's attire would be jealous. Not that any of us Red Blooded Americans Boys ever noticed but the Quebec corps were very uninhibited in where they changed into their uniforms. When they traveled to North Jersey for shows there was no housing. The boys went home with the boys and girls with the girls. Not often but occasionally they would not speak English and I told my parents and brother to just point to things, fun times here goes with just a few.         

Calgary Cavaliers - has a really nice ring to it!!!!

Chevaliers - River du Loup Que - an even better ring to it! If the Cavies ever go co-ed this name is taken

L'Odysee -Montreal QUE

Academie Musicale - Sherbrooke Que

Majestics - Sorel Que

Alberta Girls - Edmonton ALB

Bytown Gunners - Ottawa ONT

Allegiance Elite - Calgary ALB

Alouette - Charlesbourg QUE

16 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

Phantom Regiment is the runaway winner. But Santa Clara Vanguard is pretty bad ###. I would also suggest The Batallion has a good name.

Yeah, of active corps, I love The Battalion.  I also like Arsenal (not just because of the soccer team).  And Guardians. :biggrin:

Mike

4 minutes ago, MikeN said:

The Battalion.

Love them looks like the Boston Crusaders of Utah. Who would have thunk that Utah would have more dci corps than North Jersey? See what they get for kicking out the Cadets.

Edited by Bluzes
typo

Very bored today, so here goes with more Canadian Corps Names they were the best, not to be forgotten.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Kawartha Kavaliers    - there goes that ringing again                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Offensive Lions - QUE                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Pacific Blue - Surry BC                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Pionners - QUE                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Gladiateurs Montreal - it's ringing off the "hook"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Feux-Follets - Que ----- don't even go there Cavies                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Pride of the Lions - Regina SAS                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    Empire Loyalists - QUE      

Edited by Bluzes

The brave, courageous and wonderful kids in the special corps are to be applauded. They are a great inspiration to all, especially the MMs that feed off their love for them and the inspiration they mutually exchange.

The Family Residences and Essential Enterprises (FREE) Players Drum Corps of Long Island

The Blue Devils Special Needs Corps

Edited by Bluzes

When I was a child (early 70s), I stumbled upon a full ensemble run-through (had NO idea what it was at the time) of the Seattle Imperials on a baseball field, yes, a BASEBALL field.  I was transfixed and though it would be decades before I was re-introduced into the activity, I never forgot the experience.

I have never been able to shake that name:  Imperials.  

Great name!

Phantom Regiment is the best name in DCI, but I've always loved the sound of Santa Clara Vanguard. 

Some fun Drum Corps names:

Osage Precisionnaires

Marquis

General Butler Vagabonds

Fox Valley Raiders

Silver Sabers (there were two, one from PA and one from KS)

Edited by devsabre
  • Like 1

Here are some Parade Corps since Pioneer may soon join their ranks, seems there is untapped market potential in Wisc.

Long Island Bluejays

Original Yanks Antwerp NY

Prairie Sound Olathe KS 

Saints Brigade Port Chester NY

Zurah Temple Minneapolis MN

Ainad Shrine E. St. Louis IL

General Butler Vagabonds Lyndora PA

St. Paul Fire Department St. Paul MN  

Troop 63, Boy Scouts of America River Forest IL