best corps names

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

You probably got the state they were from correct. I had to think back and try and guess on several of them.

There was also one from Wash think competed at the same time

3 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Ballentine Brewery had a corps something like the Ballentiners

The Ballentine Brewers... New Jersey. A Senior Corps from the 60's. DCA 

They were a Corps ahead of its time... an inspiration to the modern day Couchmen.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

I thought a miracle would've kept them going, but alas,  it was not to be.

Grew up right across the street from Church. My neighbors Ronnie & Frankie Oliver who were older took me to practice when I was in fifth grade. Latter on Frank Veloce from Lourdes was the director of the Little Falls Cadets where I ended up.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

There was also one from Wash think competed at the same time

Imagine if they were seeded in a show together,  and went on back to back in performance order.

5 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Imagine if they were seeded in a show together,  and went on back to back in performance order.

Easy to mix up in tabulation. One of my buddies is on his way here from Mich City. His fan experience (former SAC)  and dedication to this activity is un surpassed. He will be in LOS tomorrow when the doors open. If there was a world record on the amount of different performers that you seen in person. My friend would be in the running and would only lose to another drum corps fan.   

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

So I saw that one too, but I was really confused by it. Was the church called "Our Lady of the Miraculous" and the corps called "Medal Orbits"? Was the church the whole name? Why "medal" and not "metal"? What's a "medal orbit" relative to a "metal orbit"?

Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal was the church name... Orbits was the corps name.  I hear ya, it's a really long name when put together.  LOL.

Here's the link to the Wiki page on what the Miraculous Medal is all about:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miraculous_Medal

• Thanks 1

The Ski Mask Cadets.

Yes, this corps did exist... for one performance, indoors, spring of 1981.  I was a co-founder. So I have that going for me. :laughing:

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1

Bridgeport PAL -  rep for being tough mess with them and your head became a CYMBAL SANDWICH

OC Reveries - 27th Lancers

St Rita's Brassmen - just fantastic but rarely traveled

OLPH Ridgemen