best corps names

15 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

Phantom Regiment!!!

One of these days you and I are going to disagree. 

Not this day.  :biggrin:

+++

Honorable mentions: (in no particular order)

• Alliance (from Alliance, OH) EDIT:  From Mass.  Thanks, Brasso
  • Star of Indiana
  • Santa Clara Vanguard (I like you can use Santa Clara or Vanguard and it all rolls off the tongue)
  • Garfield Cadets
  • Suncoast Sound
  • Bridgemen
  • 27th Lancers
  • Spirit of Atlanta
Edited by wvu80
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

One of these days you and I are going to disagree. 

Not this day.  :biggrin:

+++

Honorable mentions: (in no particular order)

• Alliance (from Alliance, OH)
  •  

There also was a DCI member Drum Corps named the  " Alliance " From Massachusetts too.

Edited by BRASSO

Just now, BRASSO said:

There also was a Drum Corps named the  " Alliance " From Massachusetts too.

Uh oh.  Maybe a quick trip to FromThePressbox is needed to fact check my failing memory?  I seem to remember yellow uniforms, and I think they were formed from two folded corps.  Maybe they were the corps that folded.  I'm not sure now.

I am sure they were pretty good.

3 hours ago, BRASSO said:

How sweet.. we can just imagine  Michael Cesario bathing them in Chocolate for attire too.

If you knew some of the characters that marched there as Jim and I have, you would be traumatized if you did that. Especially Chumley and Happy Birthday JJ. :laugh:

Just now, wvu80 said:

Uh oh.  Maybe a quick trip to FromThePressbox is needed to fact check my failing memory?  I seem to remember yellow uniforms, and I think they were formed from two folded corps.  Maybe they were the corps that folded.  I'm not sure now.

I am sure they were pretty good.

Yes.. Alliance.. from Massachusetts... were formed in Greater Boston as a result of 3-4 corps disbanding. They were actually pretty good for a few years there back around the early 80's time period, wvu80.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I have the Buccs 50th anniversary DVD and kind of remember Stinky Davis(?) being mentioned but that’s about it. In the history before the Buccs but can’t remembe if Reading area corps or PA corps

I think you're right on the Stinky Davis corps.

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

Yes.. Alliance.. from Massachusetts... were formed in Greater Boston as a result of 3-4 corps disbanding. They were actually pretty good for a few years there back around the early 80's time period, wvu80.

Thanks, Brasso.  Your description tells me that was the corps I was thinking of.

There is a city called Alliance, Ohio, I must have confused it BITD and never updated my brain's database.

• Like 1