DCI World Champs Prelims - Aug 9, 2018

Very nice program from Southwind.  Quick look at the Open class finals recap confirmed what I saw.  Programming outstripped performance but I do not think this is a bad situation for them.  Good GE and content numbers give the members something to work towards...plus it means a competent design team is in place.  I would expect the next couple years to be good for Southwind!  

Just now, Sideways said:

Very nice program from Southwind.  Quick look at the Open class finals recap confirmed what I saw.  Programming outstripped performance but I do not think this is a bad situation for them.  Good GE and content numbers give the members something to work towards...plus it means a competent design team is in place.  I would expect the next couple years to be good for Southwind!  

Yeah, it's only their second year back.   And they're generating buzz.  I have no doubt they'll attract talent to perform to their programming levels.

Southwind brass was stellar.  Will never contend until they do something about the guard.  Very forgettable.

RCR has a neat marimba feature.  Hopefully Tom Blair has it cued up for the camera.  Flo got it Monday night but completely missed it Tuesday.

• Like 1

Southwind was excellent! This mellow, grooving show was quite the stark change from last year's insane intensity --- but I *very much* appreciate that such a young corps is willing to try something totally different from one year to the next. 

As can of course be said with many of the corps in this bracket, the future appears to be stunningly bright for Southwind. Can't wait to see what the next few seasons bring from them.

• Like 1

Way too much bass goo for RRR.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sideways said:

Terrific point --- keep the design team in place, and those are promising numbers for such a young corps.

4 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

Someone on a "Big Wheel"  coming out of the door ?

You will just have to catch their closer to find out.

Just now, luv4corps said:

You will just have to catch their closer to find out.

Heeeere's JOHNNY!