DCI World Champs Prelims - Aug 9, 2018

Guardians!  

Wasn't sold on their show until Tuesday night.  They really performed the heck out of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jake W. said:

Golden Empire was terrific! [...] A fresh show about factory workers and union rights, what a unique concept. Given various elements in the show ("We're not gonna take it" as the ballad, "hear our voice" chants, fists raised in the air, etc) ....

I saw the show on high cam early season, live in Michigan City from near the top of the stands, and on high cam this morning, and I had no idea that the show was specifically about unionization. Apparently it takes close-ups for that to come through. Thanks for helping me understand it.

Louisiana Stars: loved "Bridge over Troubled Waters" and your powerful ending too. 

Guardians are entering the area with graffiti adorned columns. Such a contrast to Stars which makes things interesting.

4 minutes ago, DrumCorpsRadio said:

Baritone player from Louisiana Stars performed the whole show with his foot in a boot.

3glemNU.jpg

KV0euyC.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

I thought it was this corps, that one of the guard members also a had a boot on Tuesday.  I didn't see her today.