DCI World Champs Prelims - Aug 9, 2018

16 minutes ago, DCIat14 said:

what is the blue 4, 3, etc that counts down, then turns to white on the sideline??

posted from the DrumScorps app

Preshow timing, presumably. Five minutes from entering the field to start their show.

1 hour ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Heat Wave - 58.7

Raiders - 60.025

Colt Cadets - 61.8

Shadow - 62.6

Golden Empire - 65.1

Early scores down one to two points from Michigan City--as is usually the case for this event.

What are the scores up to now?

Love love love everything that the Guardians do. They currently remind me very much of Oregon Crusaders ---- wildly entertaining shows that have almost no hope of being cleaned by the corps by the time Indy rolls around, but it doesn't matter, because what they're doing is so vastly different from everyone else around them that you're forced to take note of the show & applaud their bold designs and uniqueness. Also, does Guardians field a full corps?! With all sections, I think I counted either just at or just under 150 members. If so, I'm positive that's the first full corps of the day. Either way, spots in this corps clearly appear to be in demand, and I can see why. Can't wait to see what other crazy & creative productions this corps gives us in the coming years as they move up the ranks of Open Class and eventually (if it's their goal) secure a unique niche in World Class.

• Like 2

Working souvies for Southwind today. Come by and say hello if you’re inclined (and buy some merch)!

Great run today. So proud of these guys. Good season. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Early scores down one to two points from Michigan City--as is usually the case for this event.

I never really liked the expected drop in scores. 

• Like 1

Guardians have a very aggressive and powerful show. Sadly, their vocals were hard to hear and I'm pretty close (section 140). Still I love a group  that is going so strong that many thought might not make it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tim K said:

Guardians have a very aggressive and powerful show. Sadly, their vocals were hard to hear and I'm pretty close (section 140). Still I love a group  that is going so strong that many thought might not make it. 

They keep doing what they are doing (show wise) and I think they will continue to have kids come. 

They slowly increase the difficulty and I could see them easily winning (or at least contending) for an Open Championship, and possibly jumping to World. 

• Like 1

Do we not get to see the Free Players?  This is their first year with brass.