DCI World Champs Prelims - Aug 9, 2018

1 minute ago, MusicalFrog said:

This is how it usually happens. All open class scores (except the top two and maybe an exception) go down from Michigan City to Indianapolis.

It's largely out of necessity. With 41 corps to score and rank, judges would really be backed into a corner if they started numbers too high at the bottom of the ranks.

• Like 1

Just now, barigirl78 said:

I want to give a shout out to the judges who work this competition.  To have to adjudicate 47 drum corps in one day is Herculean.  That's 8 1/2 to 9 hours of active judging.

The lunch intermission and break before the theater I bet they just wolf down a protein bar and try to nap.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, brassboy said:

It's largely out of necessity. With 41 corps to score and rank, judges would really be backed into a corner if they started numbers too high at the bottom of the ranks.

It happens from Semis to Finals night too often.  The lower half will score a bit lower because the judges seem to want to give themselves room at the top.

• Like 1

Oh the emotion on that Drum Major's face!   Is she an age out this time around?   She's been a stellar vocalist for them these past two years. 

I think from the vocal solo to the finish she did that while in tears.  Wow.

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, brassboy said:

Also a lot of corps file in between the top two open class corps and the rest, so that's probably why we don't see the drop in SCVC's and BDB's scores.

9 hours ago, ajlemm said:

?

the last time Jay Cutler played for an Indiana team, it was his high school team.

It doesn't have anything to do with  where he played.  He had the exact OPPOSITE effect that Payton Manning had: his former teams get BETTER when he leaves. 

Great season Pioneer. This was one of the best Pio hornlines I've heard in awhile!

• Like 1

I really dislike the red rifles. They get lost visually. Any other color is ok, except maybe orange.

• Like 1

Jackie's voice is just butter. And wow, she looks really emotional!

Glad the members of Pio were able to rise above the heat that DCP and the subreddit gave them late in the season and have a great final run this afternoon.

Pioneer brass seems to be sacrificing power for better tone quality, which is a smart thing to do for them. In the past, they'd often overplay to make up for their small numbers & wouldn't sound very good.

Their show this year may not be the most exciting, but I think it shows great promise for the future, if they can continue this trend and start attracting more members.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1