DCI World Champs Prelims - Aug 9, 2018

Surfs unis make me think of Star Trek.

I....just happened to notice that with the green field, the colors right now match the Google Chrome icon.

• Haha 2

Awesome season Surf! One of my favorite Surf shows in awhile. Great music program and good execution in many aspects. That last set set perfectly!

What about 7th Regiment from New London

10 minutes ago, Jim Alberty said:

Spartans were a consistent challenger up until a few years ago - they underwent a "management crisis" and have taken time to rebuilt .... East Coast Jazz is a fond, distant memory .... Spartans are the last competitive gasp from the New England cradle of modern drum corps ..... sad to say

...and I know BAC is still there but not everyone considers them to be "New England-based" in the strict sense of the word .... I do miss having 10 corps (of varying quality) in a 90 minute drive of Jerusalem's Lot .....

This is the best program Surf has had since the Bridgemen tribute show.  A

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TRacer said:

Youngest kids in SCVC are 14. Tons of drum corps rookies too. 

Well then it must be they just have a great organization.

• Like 1

Great job, Surf!!!! Moments of sheer power juxtaposed with moments that were dirtier than I'd hoped. Love the show still; it's a great step forward design-wise for the corps, and the members clearly enjoyed it throughout the season and especially that last performance. I'd put Surf right around 7R; I imagine around a 72 or so. However, if I'm wrong and they're higher, I would be THRILLED to see Surf finally break their last-show-is-Prelims streak!! 

• Like 1

Surf kept up the momentum this season. They were not afraid to make some noise and had a great performance. I know this will in all likelihood be their last of the season and it was a great way to finish.