DCI World Champs Prelims - Aug 9, 2018

Just now, C/A Mel said:

What about 7th Regiment from New London

Point well take - I live in Maine, near Jerusalem's Lot ... up here they look funny at people from Providence RI calling themselves "New Englanders" .... still, there used to be many, many more corps up here which are gone for probably many good reasons .... I hate to say it but that's part of "the good old days" I miss ....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jake W. said:

Musical & lovely "Blue" ballad from Surf!

Pretty but I feel I've heard marching bands with arrangements that better caught the spirit of the original.

Interesting that this block of corps from Pioneer to Madison is the longest block--nine corps--between intermissions.  Up to now, it was five corps blocks between each intermission.

I wonder why.  Since they only put out scores at the intermission, it will be quite a while before we find out who made semis.

Cascades are pumped up for this performance!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tim K said:

Surf kept up the momentum this season. They were not afraid to make some noise and had a great performance. I know this will in all likelihood be their last of the season and it was a great way to finish.

The momentum thing is key.  It seems like the last two years, they've done a better job pushing to the end of the season.  I think it was the year they did the show with the hoodies and the guard member in the middle with the big feather headdress they seemed to run flat the last two weeks and even regress.  They had a HUGE tear in the middle of the show that fortunately their Drum Major made the save of the century doing a sweep to get them back into time.  

2 minutes ago, Jake W. said:

Yes. They've been working hard to marry a competitive design with entertainment and finally achieved that pretty well!

I agree.  This show is definitely a huge step in the right direction.   I hope they keep it coming.