DCI World Champs Prelims - Aug 9, 2018

I love the Van Gough character and the utilization of art themes through this show too,

• Like 1

Just now, CrownBariDad said:

Hey @Terri Schehr -- I guess with Tom Blair directing, we're all on the wagon?

There was a shaky cam as Heat Wave got started. But someone must have gotten the guy some coffee because it's been pretty solid since.

23 minutes ago, Jake W. said:

Golden Empire was terrific! What a pleasant surprise, and a fantastic first trip to Indy for the corps. A very unique music book ---- tons of subtle full ensemble melodies constantly moving & churning as opposed to a ton of park & barks. A fresh show about factory workers and union rights, what a unique concept. Given various elements in the show ("We're not gonna take it" as the ballad, "hear our voice" chants, fists raised in the air, etc), paired with Bakersfield's (and seemingly the corps') about half Latino population, I couldn't help but think of the show as a subtle nod to our current garbage administration as well. Maybe reading too much into the theme; either way, the corps seems young & idealistic with a bright future. A very pleasant surprise!!

Now, I'm sorry I had to turn Flo off for a while because IT needed to install some new software I needed.  The downside of watching at the office.

Edited by barigirl78

33 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Yooble.

Someone told him.

Jubal has a great sound, very little amplification which made a huge difference.  Very colorful too. 

Yay SOUTHWIND!!!

• Like 2

SOUTHWIND!  I love the way the guitarist is integrated into the show musical and visually

• Like 1

1 minute ago, N.E. Brigand said:

blogopener1.jpg

Movie trivia says he got so involved with the character, he went a bit crazy himself.