DrumScorps

DCI World Champs Prelims - Aug 9, 2018

Nice mature sound from Louisiana Stars and their Color Guard was pretty decent.

Guardians!  

Wasn't sold on their show until Tuesday night.  They really performed the heck out of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jake W. said:

Golden Empire was terrific! [...] A fresh show about factory workers and union rights, what a unique concept. Given various elements in the show ("We're not gonna take it" as the ballad, "hear our voice" chants, fists raised in the air, etc) ....

I saw the show on high cam early season, live in Michigan City from near the top of the stands, and on high cam this morning, and I had no idea that the show was specifically about unionization. Apparently it takes close-ups for that to come through. Thanks for helping me understand it.

Louisiana Stars: loved "Bridge over Troubled Waters" and your powerful ending too. 

Guardians are entering the area with graffiti adorned columns. Such a contrast to Stars which makes things interesting.

Looking forward to the Guardians.  I enjoyed them last year and haven't seen them yet this year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DrumCorpsRadio said:

Baritone player from Louisiana Stars performed the whole show with his foot in a boot.

3glemNU.jpg

KV0euyC.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

I thought it was this corps, that one of the guard members also a had a boot on Tuesday.  I didn't see her today. 

3 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

Looking forward to the Guardians.  I enjoyed them last year and haven't seen them yet this year.

I always find them immensely entertaining!

• Like 1