DCI World Champs Prelims - Aug 9, 2018

...aaaaand Roman just walked past me...

#pioneersightings

Flo really likes Pioneer.  It keeps jumping back in their show.

Surf's up, with yet another show about artists and painting!  (seems to be a thing this year)

hey im dan potter and I am pimping the (my pillow) of dci .. drillows and lets just give a great big bubbles

shout out

Just now, MelloNell said:

Flo really likes Pioneer.  It keeps jumping back in their show.

I'm not getting that at all.  perhaps reload your stream? 

10 minutes ago, KPinCAL said:

Really rooting for someone to beat BDB or SCVC in the next few years- seems unlikely anytime soon...

you know- mix it up a bit 

Used to happen all the time. Not sure what changed.

Ok last year it was 7R's kids ending in tears that got me.  This year its Jackie and Pioneer.  Those moments are so amazing.

• Like 4

Whew. I know Pioneer hasn't been near the Semis cut off in a number of years, but I'm used to seeing them cleaner at the end of the season : / As much as I hate to say it, that was a terribly sloppy performance --- basic things like entrances & releases had difficulty lining up throughout the show. BUT. Tons of intensity & passion from the performance. We just heard so much preseason about how this was supposed to be a break out year....and the corps ended up being in the same spot, generally, at the end of the season that they often have been; i.e., I'd guess a 67 - 68.

On the positive side, I know it's been mentioned this season, but bears repeating: the redheaded drum major/singer is an absolutely spot on vocalist, and clearly a fearless & talented leader of the corps. I remember her performance of "On My Own" last year was equally spectacular. Really....an incredible vocalist & performer. Very talented woman. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

I'm not getting that at all.  perhaps reload your stream? 

Ok