DCI World Champs Prelims - Aug 9, 2018

5 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

Hopefully Genesis stepped it up. Last score 73.625 which puts them below the line

Last year they had a pretty significant score jump at prelims compared to prior show, and I think most of the lower WC corps did in general. Hope same holds true this year ????.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1

I would love to see this in the theaters unfortunately, only 1 theater in the state shows it.  Laramie is a few hours away from Casper.  This has been such a great year for our activity.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dcbae!23 said:

Not sure why this is a problem. It's numbers management - gotta leave room for the top too, if they score too high early on then they run out of room at the top. It's this way every year

It's only a problem (if it is at all) if for example a corps is, per the sheets, "usually" achieving an element (caption score of 14-17.9) and the judges, for the sake of numbers management, are describing them as "sometimes" achieving that element (caption score of 10-13.9). In short, the scores actually are supposed to mean something in the absolute and not only relative to other corps. But "rank" comes before "rate".

• Thanks 1

Lovely. I ditch the streetcar to walk. And beat it easily over 12 blocks. 

Now the connecting metro train is delayed. 

Good thing I only need to go two stops. 

28 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

Hopefully Genesis stepped it up. Last score 73.625 which puts them below the line

Unless scores have been announced and I haven't seen them, I would think it will be close. They were good today, but I would see them as close to Spartans and Legends, maybe Gold.

Hooray. Here in time to wait 20 min for one the 2 concession stand lines. (There Are 10 unstaffed lines)

I’m wearing Mandarins. Seen a colts and BAC shirts here so far 

Ugh!  Same problem as last year. @DrumScorps lists the rankings on the last score which makes it easy to look for the semis and finals cutoffs. But with Open Class in the mix at Prelims, they show up twice -- once for Michigan City and then as a brand new "World Class" Corps with no previous score. This throws the numbering off.

Maybe a fix for next season?  Thx!

• Like 1