DCI World Champs Prelims - Aug 9, 2018

2 minutes ago, Lance said:

Not a fan of phantom prop use. If they had sorted it out visually I think the corps would be placing higher. One of the few mp3 I'll be getting. 

They lose the use of 16 guard members whenever they move those cages - wish the made more of them

2 minutes ago, Jim Alberty said:

They lose the use of 16 guard members whenever they move those cages - wish the made more of them

Not a fan of the cages or the front tarp. Whenever an individual or group is on it, it feels like an isolated event and does not relate to what is happening on the rest of the field. Love the horn sound though.

Some thoughts on some corps

LOVED The Academy, hope they continue to do their thing! Lots of fun music.

Hadn’t heard Spirit of Atlanta but I really did enjoy their show- great use of props and nice guard costumes.

Crossmen had a wonderful performance! The Tchaik is great and the Sweetness Follows soloist did very well tonight! Love the horn soloist in Pathetique.

Liked Phantom a lot more than previous viewings tonight.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1

Great to see BONES in a solid 12th place and a few tenths from Mandarins. With Phantom the three of them are bunched by .7

Just now, kinetic inferno11 said:

Seems Mandarins had a rough run. Hope they come out tomorrow and nail it!

Maybe a little jitters. Hopefully get it out of their system for a great run tomorrow. May everyone have great runs!

• Like 1