DCI World Champs Prelims - Aug 9, 2018

1 minute ago, NeutralNovice said:

You should have spoken to the manager.

Definitely.  That's an absurd policy... especially for a 5 hour show.

Who's ever heard of a theatre not interested in actively selling people short?!  C'mon!  $5.00 for a small box of bad popcorn... but no ticket for a late arrival.  That theatre lacks consistency in its business model.

2 hours ago, ajlemm said:

No, they’ll make finals. 

But 10th is no lock

1 minute ago, CrownBariDad said:

Nope!

Lucky enough to have seen them play it live on 2 occasions BITD. Also played it myself in our semi-pro jazz band. 

Semi-pro? You’re either too modest, sand baggin’ or perhaps a little of both:worthy:

1 hour ago, bvgordy said:

Bummer that we, as flomarching.com subscribers, don't get to see the rest of the competition tonight.... smh

This was how it worked before Flo. In fact 10 years ago you only got the top 15 at the the theater.

you could get nothing 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

That percussion judge is brave

Bravery can be another word for stupid 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, falcon said:

I went to AMC Garden State 16 theater in Paramus, NJ to see the show.  Because of a doctor's appointment, I got to the theater at 7:00.  When I went to buy my ticket, I was told by the cashier that the movie started at 6:30, and she could not sell anymore tickets for that show.  I tried to reason with her--it didn't work.  Missed my first prelim since it started in theaters.

here in the midwest you buy a tick for any movie and then are free to go into whatever theater you want -- the don't check as you are going into any of the theaters in the multiplex

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

Bravery can be another word for stupid 

Well put. He almost caused a couple issues and I personally found him very distracting 

• Like 2

Just now, George Dixon said:

Well put. He almost caused a couple issues and I personally found him very distracting 

He’s the guy that caused the ruckus two years ago and I called him out at SA.

he has no situational awareness or he just doesn’t give a ####. He has to be right in the kids faces. Jeff, AK, Marty Et al don’t have to do it and pay full attention to what’s around them. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

Semi-pro? You’re either too modest, sand baggin’ or perhaps a little of both:worthy:

We got paid, but not a steady gig. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

He’s the guy that caused the ruckus two years ago and I called him out at SA.

he has no situational awareness or he just doesn’t give a ####. He has to be right in the kids faces. Jeff, AK, Marty Et al don’t have to do it and pay full attention to what’s around them. 

Who that is?