"Big, Loud And Live" Roll Call

An annual thread... where are you all watching the Thursday night "Big, Loud and Live" show on the big screen?

We hope to be at a theater in Abingdon, MD, just north of Baltimore.

Feel free to add your location!!!

• Like 1

AMC Ford City in Chicago! And now with my promotion to theatre Supervisor I can force invite three friends to see their first drum corps show!

Edited by FaustianMachine
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

An annual thread... where are you all watching the Thursday night "Big, Loud and Live" show on the big screen?

We hope to be at a theater in Abingdon, MD, just north of Baltimore.

Feel free to add your location!!!

Donna and I will be seated next to you and Brenda...... In Abington, MD! LOL :thumbs-up:

• Like 1

If the cameras catch my section in Indy, I’ll be sure to wave! Enjoy what will be a great night of drum corps.

Edited by Tim K

Section 140 Row 7 right on the aisle ... I'm sure I'll make the broadcast at some point.  Come visit if you're in the Can (OK, that sounds bad).

• Haha 1

Cinemark Tinstletown in Bristol,VA for Prelims and then my recliner for Semis and Finals. I've made the trip to Indy for finals a few times and just really don't enjoy DCI in indoor venues enough to justify the cost involved with that trip. I know I'll probably get some blowback on this because it may be seen as an unpopular opinion but just the way it is.

Edited by DCIPhan78

I have been using Big, Loud and Live as a way to bring new fans to drum corps. 

Last year, I was able to get one of my coworkers to go and had never heard of drum corps. She was absolutely amazed, and that was for 15th place! By the end of the night, she was sold.

This year, she is coming along with her husband, daughter, grandson (just got into marching band in high school- he's a sax player), best friend and best friend's daughter. In addition, I've been able to get two more coworkers and one of their sisters to also come to the show. That's 8 more people than last year. 

We will be watching from Christiansburg, VA. The preview show was packed and I hope tomorrow will be no different.

As excited as I am to be going, I'm almost more excited to be sharing this activity with them and getting to watch their reactions to these incredible shows! I'll try to post and update and let you know how it went.

I challenge you to find at least one person to come to the show tomorrow. It's a great way to bring new fans into the fold.

I know that the true experience is a live show, but for some people that know nothing about it can be a challenge. Telling them they only have to go to the theater has made it that much easier to get them involved. 

Edited by East9900
  • Like 4