"Big, Loud And Live" Roll Call

4 hours ago, skevinp said:

I'll be at your theater, in the middle of the front row, sitting on a tall cushion and wearing a huge hat, talking loudly into a brightly lit phone about how each corps sucks compared to my favorite corps.  

That was YOU!!! :mat:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ThePlanets said:

Tinseltown in Boardman OH is the theater...but I will packin' for Indy so no BLL

Be careful if planning to go to Boardman.  While Tinseltown Boardman has had BLL showing in the past, they seem to have stopped beginning with this year’s season opener.  Luckily I checked before going in June.  Monaca, PA, and North Canton, OH, are the closest to Youngstown area.

10 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

It's weird... so many people on these threads, every year, talk about how their theater auditoriums are full, or close to full... but the one we've gone to for years has never been close to sold out.

Honestly, we kinda like it that way. It's almost like a private screening.  :laughing:

May come down in the future.:satisfied:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ThePlanets said:

Tinseltown in Boardman OH is the theater...but I will packin' for Indy so no BLL

Packing ?

Some under wear and socks ,couple of tee shirts ,shorts and a poncho.

You could do like NCIS and just keep a "go bag" at the ready.      :-) 

19 hours ago, MikeZ said:

Florence, KY on Thursday

On the 50 in 640 on Friday

On the 50 row 4 of 140 on Saturday

It's like 3 entirely different shows over 3 days.

Z

See? this is what I wanted to do, but since we're leaving from Dallas at the ###-crack of dawn and will have a late Friday night in Indy...we decided BLL would run too late ion Thurs for us. But I'm still excited! Enjoy MikeZ! Love your 3-show plan

19 hours ago, mfrontz47 said:

Will be at Robinson Cinemark in the Pittsburgh area, bringing a friend who has never seen drum corps before so hoping they enjoy it. Snagged the last two seats in the corner of the top row (only other seats were nosebleeds) because sadly, it's one of those cinemas where you HAVE to select seats preshow. Still excited for a fun night, and to seat some corps I haven't gotten to see live (including Boston due to an unfortunate misunderstanding of the Massillon intermission end time :/ ) 

Well let us know what they think of DCI. I'm always curious about the thoughts of the newbies at their first show. I remember I was like....JEEZUS!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I brought a friend to the the first BL&L in 2004. She fell asleep about halfway through. I remember thinking myself then that drum corps was much less impressive on the screen, so I decided never to waste the time of newbies with such a long and impersonal show.

I've had much more luck taking new people to live performances. But my aunt and uncle joined me Monday at Massillon, and only after we were in our seats did they tell me that they'd have to leave about halfway through because he needed to be up before 5 a.m. for work the next day. Got them to stay through Boston, at least, but imagine having a free ticket to see Bluecoats and Santa Clara Vanguard this year and skipping them.

The horror. 

8 minutes ago, DCIDADDIO said:

The horror. 

• Like 1

Fallen Timbers 14 in Maumee, OH (just west of Toledo). Glassmen country (still see their corp jackets in the auditorium). I have 5 in my group tonight, up from my usual of 2 or 3.