Which corps are getting the most "buzz" as we roll into finals 2018?

Usually the top three get a lot of buzz, and that always important fight to get into 12th and stay out of "oh no" 13th place.  This year seems really different to me because several corps are having "best ever' years and the Vanguard is having an undefeated season. ( Edit  "almost" undefeated season.  Thanks, C mor.  :91_thumbsup:)

Which corps are getting the most "buzz" or maybe hype as we roll into World Class finals 2018? 

You can also include sections if you want.  Crown's brass?  Vanguard's percussion?  A special innovative prop or outstanding color guard?

Edited by wvu80

I don't know about buzz, but it seems like good general enthusiasm over several lower placing corps - Troopers, Spirit, Academy, Colts. Mandarins may best qualify for the buzz outside of the top 3. Blue Stars seem to have gotten more ink, too, than in the last couple of years or so. Music City has people talking during their freshman year in WC.

On the down side, there's plenty of buzz about Madison and Phantom. Madison's buzz is sometimes incomprehensible, but I think it still qualifies as buzz.

• Like 4

SCV's getting lots of buzz with their great show.

Mandarin - for being 1st time finalists.  How high can they fly?

Spirit - for progress.  This will be one time, (but only one) that the 13th place corps might be glad to be in 13th.

Madison - for anti progress.

BAC for great show.

Bc, CC, Cavies for being in the mix - it's like a cage match.

BD for not winning every show.  $1 to ABBD crowd

Cadets for persevering with unity.  Amazing... GH was not indispensable after all.

Just an all-around "buzz - ful" type of year.

Edited by c mor
'cause I'm cool like that.
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, c mor said:

I fixed my post, you didn't need to edit your comment out, but thank you for your politeness.  :91_thumbsup:

+++

What do you think is the biggest story of the season?  I'm interested in your take.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

Other than SCV, Boston, Mandies.

Cadets for a successful season despite off season troubles and scandal.

Blue Stars getting a bit of buzz on whether or not they'll top the 8-11 tiered corps.

Spirit on their big comeback year on the cusp of finals.

Music City on their fan friendly premiere into World Class.

• Like 4

Good - SCV, Boston, Stars, Mandarins

Ok - Cavies, Coats, Crown, BD, Cadets, Spirit, A

Not so good - Regiment, Knights, Madison

Not really any buzz - Xmen, Academy, and the rest.

• Like 5

Mandarins are definitely a big buzz for me on how high of a placement can they achieve over the 3 nights of competition. They were very solid and on fire at Monday's TOC. I assume they will be adding more layers to the show by Saturday night. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m going to put my pitch in for Spirit, “knocking on the door” as it were, after being in dire straits not too long ago. Lots of buzz there.

Edited by ajlemm
  • Like 4

I want to see some movement this finals.  I’m looking for two corps to make it to finals, that weren’t there last year, but I hate to see any corps drop out .

Edited by onionhead