New High Score Record?

Do you believe World Class Finals will end with a new record high score?

4 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

If there is a record score imo it is irrelevant. It's just numbers. If it should happen it will because everyone below 1st is of a very high quality and driving scores up including 1st.

Absolutely.

Taking nothing away from SCV, or BD in 2014, or any other great corps.... but it's basically all relative to where everyone else is scoring.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

If there is a record score imo it is irrelevant. It's just numbers. If it should happen it will because everyone below 1st is of a very high quality and driving scores up including 1st.

It is all about the spread.

• Like 3

If the actual score is irrelevant (i argue otherwise)  and it only  matters what the spread is, then why not give the best corps a 100 each time at each show and scale down to everyone else? That wouldn’t change from week one to finals. The top corps at each show would get a 100. I think that’s a terrible idea but I mention it to highlight that the score does mean something, independent of the spread.  SVC has been the best for most of the season, yet there their score goes up as they and everyone gets better so judges are putting a number on them that is independent of spread.  They were number 1 and went from 80 to 90 to 95 and it didn’t matter what the corps below them were doing.  It was a number that was measuring talent. I think it’s  logical and it’s why people talk about and compare numbers even between different shows. The only variable that does throw a wrench is the subjectivity of different judges when comparing.  

Back to the question, no I don’t think we’ll see a record score this year.  

Edited by Den8uml