New High Score Record?

In order to beat their highest finals score, SCV needs to score higher than a 98.8. That score was set back in 1989.

5 hours ago, lameisrob said:

Do you believe World Class Finals will end with a new record high score?

NO

4 hours ago, Den8uml said:

If the actual score is irrelevant (i argue otherwise)  and it only  matters what the spread is, then why not give the best corps a 100 each time at each show and scale down to everyone else? That wouldn’t change from week one to finals. The top corps at each show would get a 100. I think that’s a terrible idea but I mention it to highlight that the score does mean something, independent of the spread.  SVC has been the best for most of the season, yet there their score goes up as they and everyone gets better so judges are putting a number on them that is independent of spread.  They were number 1 and went from 80 to 90 to 95 and it didn’t matter what the corps below them were doing.  It was a number that was measuring talent. I think it’s  logical and it’s why people talk about and compare numbers even between different shows. The only variable that does throw a wrench is the subjectivity of different judges when comparing.  

Back to the question, no I don’t think we’ll see a record score this year.  

It doesnt mean what many think it does. A 99 this year isn’t the same as a 99 last year. I know that sounds nuts but it’s just true. The entire dci scoring methodology is based on relativity throughout the entire season.

2 hours ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

Are you from the future? I really want that confidence and use it to know how my future is going to turn out. That's like saying BD is guaranteed to have a better finals run than the first two nights. Nothing is guaranteed until it actually happens. Not saying that what you said will or won't happen, but nothing has been written on those score sheets yet.

Yes, I'm from the future :lle:

You know what I meant

• Haha 1

I say give them a PERFECT 100 and then we can argue for the next TWO DECADES or more  about why the 100 is NOT a perfect score...LOL  /s

Al Davis said it best - Just win baby! 19 years between titles. I'd just be happy with the W. GO VANGUARD!

• Like 1

I doubt they will hit 99. Very much doubt.

I'd say comparatively a 98.00 at the most. They should beat BD by half a point and their show is worth about 97.25, so maybe SCV will hit 97.75-98.

They do a lot.of things well, but in order to get that 99, you need to win the large majority of sub captions and 2nd in the ones you don't win.

They're not running away with GE or anything for that matter. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, lameisrob said:

Do you believe World Class Finals will end with a new record high score?

Absolutely not.

59 minutes ago, BoyWonder1911 said:

I doubt they will hit 99. Very much doubt.

I'd say comparatively a 98.00 at the most. They should beat BD by half a point and their show is worth about 97.25, so maybe SCV will hit 97.75-98.

They do a lot.of things well, but in order to get that 99, you need to win the large majority of sub captions and 2nd in the ones you don't win.

They're not running away with GE or anything for that matter.