New High Score Record?

Nope. High score isn't based just on performance, but on the gap between first and second. I'm not sure who's taking second this year, but Vanguard isn't that far ahead of them.

99.65 will never be beat.

...also should never have happened, but I'd like to think DCI has ensured that judges will handle their scoring a little better after that.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BoyWonder1911 said:

I doubt they will hit 99. Very much doubt.

I'd say comparatively a 98.00 at the most. They should beat BD by half a point and their show is worth about 97.25, so maybe SCV will hit 97.75-98.

They do a lot.of things well, but in order to get that 99, you need to win the large majority of sub captions and 2nd in the ones you don't win.

They're not running away with GE or anything for that matter. 

Quoting my own post here.

SCV won prelims tonight winning every caption except guard, and they end up.with 96.8

12th was 86.x which is generous for a 12th place corps.

The corps that get 99+ points are getting perfect 20s on their sheets. I guess that doesn't have much to.do with spread. I guess a perfect 20 is a perfect 20 and a judge will know if they deserve that. SCV had zero 20s.

Not even a 10. Couple of 9.9s.

I think by Saturday we'll see them with a couple of 10s. 

I still think the show is worth 97.x

Edited by BoyWonder1911

If they win most captions, like they did last night, upper 98s seems reasonable, but only if the raw numbers get up towards 19.6-19.8 I would think.