Your 2018 DCI World Championship Judges...

11 minutes ago, whitedj2002 said:

Great to see Allan judging finals percussion again! Many a year I’ve enjoyed watching him weave through drill! SCV all three nights!

One of my all-time favorite drum corps memories was the 2014 Crown snare drummer whose drum came off the hooks right as the battery started backfield. Allan Kristensen picked it up and booked it backfield, and the drummer only missed performing in a few seconds of his age-out show.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BostonLUck said:

World Championship Finals — Saturday, August 11

Music Brass: Chester Phillips???
Does anyone else find this a bit odd? We've got Albert Lo on Prelims night, Paul McGarr (eh? equally odd) on Semis, but Chester Phillips on FINALS night? Now, don't get me wrong here, Chester is a fine trumpet player, but he's a visual guy - drill writer. Yes. He's an music educator, but he & his wife are known to be visual designers / educators. 

Chester Phillips has a doctorate in music and is the associate director of bands at Georgia State University, what the heck are you on about?

52 minutes ago, hostrauser said:

One of my all-time favorite drum corps memories was the 2014 Crown snare drummer whose drum came off the hooks right as the battery started backfield. Allan Kristensen picked it up and booked it backfield, and the drummer only missed performing in a few seconds of his age-out show.

Absolutely agree! He was band director at Clovis West. His tapes are amazing. 

7 hours ago, BostonLUck said:

Ah. So are there like "brass caption certification" and "general effect certification" ? 

every sheet you want to judge you have to get certified on. from what i've learned, it aint easy. 

2 hours ago, hostrauser said:

03 vanguard after the ram.....if you listen to the drum tape audio " that was if I may say #####in' " LOL

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Anyone wanna explain why Michael Turner is judging guard at finals? The only visual related caption he has judged all season is GE Visual and many corps to weren't even present at that competition. Seems like a weird time to give a judge a first read on a show 

He scores Cadets above Boston regardless of the caption he's judging.  Visual - check.  Guard - check.  Not saying his bias, just saying it's incredibly interesting.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, George Dixon said:

THAT was the dumbest move ever

And now the Hop is hidden...all works out in the end.

• Haha 1