2019 Madison Scouts!

2 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

Yea...God forbid, right? I mean a masculine Male? What a radical thought!

#And with that another hashtag movement  is born!#

18 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

Because real men wear white pants and shoes with a green top with a lame/sequin sash and an aussie hat....LOL

You wont find anyone who didn't think those unis were badaxx.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

(raises hand).... I always thought there were pretty "band"-ish. There was certainly nothing overtly masculine about the look (in the traditional sense of the word being thrown about here).

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

I'm sure there are some out there that will disagree, especially on a Madison thread but if we're going to talk about bad*ss, look at the two images below.

One looks like they're about to take on the world. The other looks like what I'd imagine Mexican border patrol looks like. I'll let you figure out which one is which. (Full disclaimer that I'm very biased)

29104_398594433667_6291627_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=39ddc45724ebdebc08606c82a50573cb&oe=5B873513Image result for madison scouts 1988

• Haha 2

I think they both look distinct and powerful in their own way. And I've seen Mexican border patrol

agents.....they also look distinct and powerful (if you doubt that, try messing with one).....but neither

of your examples look like them.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I'm sure there are some out there that will disagree, especially on a Madison thread but if we're going to talk about bad*ss, look at the two images below.

One looks like they're about to take on the world. The other looks like what I'd imagine Mexican border patrol looks like. I'll let you figure out which one is which. (Full disclaimer that I'm very biased)

29104_398594433667_6291627_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=39ddc45724ebdebc08606c82a50573cb&oe=5B873513Image result for madison scouts 1988

I think you know which uni I think is badaxx...and I am very biased as well. Those plumes...sheesh.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, seen-it-all said:

(raises hand).... I always thought there were pretty "band"-ish. There was certainly nothing overtly masculine about the look (in the traditional sense of the word being thrown about here).

Certainly no more or less "badaxx" than any of the other classic traditional uniforms out there at the time (worn by co-ed corps, of course).

I think the real sturm und drang begins when we learn how Scouts plan on turning the ship around.

• Like 1

The Scouts need to look long term and build slowly, and then develop a culture of consistency.

Since the year 2000, they transition through both staff and leadership out of crisis. This is primarily because

they have had a BOD for decades, that doesn't have true leadership experience or skill.

This Board must be voted out. Don't get me wrong, there are many on that BOD that are hard working and

dedicated volunteers, but that's not nearly enough. Plus, they lack objectivity because most

of them are alumni. That is very incestuous. One board member in particular has now been there for over

35 years. Something ain't right about that.

Contrast that with the Blue Devils. Their BOD always has highly qualified members who cycle in and out

regularilly, but then on the staff side, they have instructors that have been there 35 plus years.

That's very telling. Scouts could take a few lessons from more successful organizations!

• Like 3