2019 Madison Scouts!

Let's go Madison!!! 15th in 2019!!! 

Edited by Gantang
  • Haha 1

Madison should change their Corps song to "The Way We Were".

• Like 5

Borema annouched has resigned. Yet more good talent leaving

22 hours ago, MikeN said:

That's a darn shame.  Boerma *was* the Madison sound for so many years. 

I'll be curious to see who they get next.  Might be time to reinvent their sound and approach.

Mike

I really enjoyed the stint with Robert W. Smith arranging a few years ago.  Empire State of Mind is an iconic moment, IMO.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, lowend said:

I really enjoyed the stint with Robert W. Smith arranging a few years ago.  Empire State of Mind is an iconic moment, IMO.

You got that right and what they did to the Blu-Ray, oh well. It was truly an iconic moment. Wish we got a rain check. So if the copywrite ever runs out! Pieces like this are timeless.

22 hours ago, MikeN said:

That's a darn shame.  Boerma *was* the Madison sound for so many years. 

I'll be curious to see who they get next.  Might be time to reinvent their sound and approach.

Mike

Count me as one of the many people that loves Scott's arrangements from his first stint with the Scouts. That said, I don't think he did anything that distinctive in his more recent stint. Maybe he needed more creative control, or maybe he just needed an old school show design to bring the sound back, but to me this is more of a sentimental loss than anything. 

On 8/15/2018 at 5:12 AM, Gantang said:

Let's go Madison!!! 15th in 2019!!! 

Really #### poor attempt at trolling from a guy who has less than 90 posts over the last 16 years, almost all of which have been about Madison, and almost all of which have had some type of negative implication.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, weedyweidenthal said:

Count me as one of the many people that loves Scott's arrangements from his first stint with the Scouts. That said, I don't think he did anything that distinctive in his more recent stint. Maybe he needed more creative control, or maybe he just needed an old school show design to bring the sound back, but to me this is more of a sentimental loss than anything. 

Really #### poor attempt at trolling from a guy who has less than 90 posts over the last 16 years, almost all of which have been about Madison, and almost all of which have had some type of negative implication.

He never really got the hang of arranging for Bb/F horns the way (say) Michael Klesch did. 

Edited by Hrothgar15

2 hours ago, Hrothgar15 said:

He never really got the hang of arranging for Bb/F horns the way (say) Michael Klesch did. 

I’d be interested to learn why that is... To be honest I’m not entirely sure that’s the case either. I thought 2005 Scouts was great writing. I think when he gets to arrange a full tune he does a great job, but the choppiness of a lot of the shows he has been asked to write for doesn’t seem to suit him (or any arranger for that matter) well. I missed him by a year at Spirit, and was 2 years after him as well as 3 years before him at Madison. It would have been great to perform a book he wrote (not that I can really complain... Jim Prime and Robert W. Smith were awesome to learn from).

Edited by weedyweidenthal
  • Like 2