2019 Madison Scouts!

6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

well, probably he's designed a DCi show more recently than you have.

just a hunch

Am I applying for the job? You guys are good at ad hominems, but unfortunately they have nothing to do with my point

1 minute ago, c mor said:

I interpreted the announcement as, "He is coming back as a more directly involved adviser."   30 years in banking performing financial planning for high net worth clients would lead me to believe he is business savvy.  He is probably great at dealing with people.  Add to that his prior affiliation, and he is a perfect candidate for chairman of the bod.  I wouldn't be surprised at this for a future announcement.

His comment was, "I'm excited about our new design team and they are ready to build an exciting program for the 2019 season."  I think he will guide the direction of the programming, but not so much the nuts and bolts details.

We will need to see if he can identify and attract the design talent that will restore Madison to competitive relevance.

You have to understand, reading is hard for some. Some have to interpret things passively so they can feel better about themselves.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Must’ve missed where this was officially called a financial decision 

You are correct. It was not in the official public relations statements of either BDB or SCVC. It was mentioned by the former director of SCVC in memoranda he sent out. It was discussed on other social sites by folks close to either of the organizations ("the growing costs of national tours," "the high cost of touring nationally," etc.) and by posters on these sites who are merely onlookers or who heard from a friend of a friend of a relative of a former staff member, etc. But no, it wasn't in Highlights magazine either; they censor things for kids.:bluedevil:

Please keep the posts directed at a drum corps-related action, even if you go OT a bit. Especially do not make personal attacks on DCP posters for stating an opinion on the topic, whether you agree with the poster or not. Comment on the content of the posts, not the poster in a personal sense.

Thanks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4