2019 Madison Scouts!

3 hours ago, c mor said:

I interpreted the announcement as, "He is coming back as a more directly involved adviser."   30 years in banking performing financial planning for high net worth clients would lead me to believe he is business savvy.  He is probably great at dealing with people.  Add to that his prior affiliation, and he is a perfect candidate for chairman of the bod.  I wouldn't be surprised at this for a future announcement.

His comment was, "I'm excited about our new design team and they are ready to build an exciting program for the 2019 season."  I think he will guide the direction of the programming, but not so much the nuts and bolts details.

We will need to see if he can identify and attract the design talent that will restore Madison to competitive relevance.

I agree with you.  I’m thinking he’s more of an advisor and director than actual designer.  He’s a very nice man with a sparkling personality.  I think he’ll be a great mentor and will bring people together, rather than the divisiveness we’ve seen in the last few years. 

I’m going to give him a chance and hope he helps the Scouts In having a terrific 2019.  I’m a glass half full kind of gal.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m going to give him a chance and hope he helps the Scouts In having a terrific 2019.  I’m a glass half full kind of gal.  

Yes, but a glass half full of what? 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, MikeD said:

Please keep the posts directed at a drum corps-related action, even if you go OT a bit. Especially do not make personal attacks on DCP posters for stating an opinion on the topic, whether you agree with the poster or not. Comment on the content of the posts, not the poster in a personal sense.

Thanks.

ok, sorry Cappybara, I thought I was needling you to ease the tensions of starting a new semester. I for one would find interesting whatever show you would design. It would probably end with a company front where the ensemble lets out a huge Cheshire cat grin; and the dazzling white smiles blind the judges while the audience's camera/phone flashes blind the mms.:sigh:

7 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Am I applying for the job? You guys are good at ad hominems, but unfortunately they have nothing to do with my point

your point is basically sour grapes. I don't him well enough to know what he has/hasn't done. He's also not charged with the sole design of the program. He's a glorified coordinator, helping to get all of the pieces of the puzzle together in a flowing, coherent way. it could be he could turn out to do the job amazingly.......and you'd still complain.

4 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

So can anyone put dates to the Elvord resume items?

sure. As soon as you go look for it and post it. I don't have time to do your ##### work

• Thanks 1

I was just sent a personal message that my interpretation of the announcement wasn't even in this universe of being close to correct.

So I'm posting my deepest apologies for misunderstanding the announcement.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

your point is basically sour grapes. I don't him well enough to know what he has/hasn't done. He's also not charged with the sole design of the program. He's a glorified coordinator, helping to get all of the pieces of the puzzle together in a flowing, coherent way. it could be he could turn out to do the job amazingly.......and you'd still complain.

And what makes you think that? 

4 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

sure. As soon as you go look for it and post it. I don't have time to do your ##### work

I already searched, and found nothing.  All I can add is that he was on Cavaliers brass staff in 1977.  IIRC, he was caption head for them for that one season.

Why is there so much hostility toward anyone who asks this?  Elvord was a respected instructor (and also a judge, according to his HOF bio).  Surely someone must remember roughly when he did these things.

• Thanks 1